Best Digitone Sound Packs?

I don’t travel through it for now but those demo you make gives me a very nice feeling. Can’t wait to test it out on the unit i have… sounds even modern to my ears (i say that because you said 80’s). I will review it with few other Packs on the [ definitive list ] of Digitone Sound Packs. probably at the end of the week.

THANKS

If someone’s interested i’ve created some sounds during lockdown which i’m happy to share if someone’s interested.
Uploaded a vid on YT with the examples.

12 Likes

I just grabbed both of your DN packs, and I’ve had the same thing, Kick01 and 02 aren’t coming in, everything else is fine…

It’s so weird - I’ve re-exported the pack and the data is identical, I wish I could work out why those two fail for some people. Either way, here are the missing kicks as individual sysex files which appear to work: missingkicks.zip - Google Drive

1 Like

Great, thanks.

I downloaded the Digitone Keys sound pack for Bank C of my new Digitone and it’s so much better than the stock banks for mod wheel and aftertouch/expression it’s almost a different machine.

Which of the add-on sound packs has as much commitment to the mod wheel and aftertouch? I’ve been interested in the rtfms and Dissonant World – are they good in this respect?

2 Likes

The only pack I’ve paid for so far is Digitales, and that is not only the most impressive, but also does well with mod wheel and aftertouch. I’ve only installed the free samples of the paid Elektron packs, and of those, the rtFMs appeal the most to me.

4 Likes

CO5MA and Digitales have totally changed my opinion about FM synthesis.

2 Likes

Well, I bought Digitales. It’s amazing. rtfm2 (which I bought for mod wheel/AT responsiveness) I’m a bit underwhelmed by, if I’m honest. Should’ve stuck to the demo, the best sounds (to me) are in it. It’s not a patch (pun intended) on the lovely Digitone Keys soundbank.

Likewise just last night. Very nice sound pack.

Sorry it is underwhelming; perhaps it will grow on you. I have a DK so the first bank is that nice one. (I had to install the bank that is second on the DN.) Some of those sounds were created by the same person who created the rtFMs. The creator’s initials are at the end of the name of each preset.

I think the focus is just quite different. It’s on some “classic” sounds that I’m not so interested in. I’m still impressed with the quality, I just won’t use most of them. Maybe I should’ve gone for Dissonant World :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really enjoy the use of the mod wheel with this pack: https://bbisound.gumroad.com/?_ga=2.110315781.1827126749.1627159709-53967467.1627159709#yPOzT

Here is a YouTube video of the pack

https://youtu.be/j2zXj0kg_D8

Elektron Digitone Patches for Ambient, Dub & Melodic Techno:

Elektron Digitone Patches for Ambient, Deep House & Techno:

3 Likes

Got both, like both, very warm sounding. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Please help me with uploading C05MA to digitone? C6 does not work anymore on fresh mac version, Elektron transfer not recognize syx files

@npo This post could be helpful: Unable to transfer patterns into Digitone with Sysex - #2 by maerteijn

1 Like

Hi,
many packs are really “ambiant” designed and results are realle cool. But do you know some packs more “epilectic”, hard, percussive like the Skrillex sounds ?

Thanks

Thanks! :))))

Today half price on Geometry 2 sound pack. (For those who care.)

3 Likes