Best connection and synchro for Cycles with Digitone?

Hello
can anyone explain detailed instructions on how to connect and synchronise two devices Cycles with Digitone ?

basic questions
1/ how to connect via MIDI?
2/ what buttons need to be pressed on synthesizers after connecting the wires?

3/ after I make a combination of digitone and cycles, how can I add a Roland C1 sequencer to the circuit???

for commutation I use a Motu Ultralight Mk 3 audio card

ps/ It would be cool to get links to video tutorials on this topic.

thank you in advance for your response.

Previous discussion:

5 Likes

would like to add that the DN manual has a pretty detailed section of using it with other machines, worth taking a look!

3 Likes

i connected already my Cycles with Digitone but still cannot find how add in sync my Roland S1. :thinking:

yes i take a look, but i not find any information how add also my other synth Roland S1, this question stay actuality. :slightly_smiling_face:

If the Digitone (DN) is the clock transmitter and Model:Cycles (M:C) is the clock receiver, then you can:

• connect the MIDI Out/Thru port of the M:C to the MIDI In port of the S-1;
  • in the M:C’s CONFIG > MIDI > PORTS menu, set OUT/THRU to ‘THRU’;
  • set MIDI clock sync on the S-1 to ‘Auto’ or ‘MID’.

If the M:C is the clock transmitter and DN is the clock receiver, then you can:

• connect the MIDI Thru port of the DN to the MIDI In port of the S-1;
  • in the DN’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu, set THRU PORT FUNC to ‘MIDI’;
  • set MIDI clock sync on the S-1 to ‘Auto’ or ‘MID’.
1 Like

Hello Peter. so DM and MC connected perfect, but with S 1 i still cannot use like a sequence and stay have problems with it. i want have same effect like on this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budtXcofT34.
I finally connected my cycles with Digitone and send a signal from Digitone to S1 and after from S1 to main audio card, I hear output from my DM but the sequence does not work like in your video. what could be the reason?

• set MIDI clock sync on the S-1 to ‘Auto’ or ‘MID’.`
    i try both , and everything looking well like on video many youtube lives. BUT sequence still not work. any ideas ???

Thank you so much for help and explain me. :pray:

We need to know more information in order to help you.

We need to make sure that both your MIDI and audio connections are correct.

First, ignore the Digitone (DN). Choose a pattern on the S-1 (maybe one of the preset patterns). Set S-1 MIDI clock sync to “Int”. Connect your S-1 Mix Out to your audio card. Play the S-1 pattern. Can you hear the S-1 playing?

If not, tell us how you are trying to listen to it (all connections from the S-1 to your ears).

1 Like

Yeaa when i Play the S-1 pattern. i can hear the S-1 playing. but it does not sync with signal from digitone. I mean, i can’t process the signal from digitone to Roland S1 as in the example in the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=budtXcofT34. there is also no synchronisation in bpm.

If i change Int on Midi - i see sync on the screen, but cannot play pattern and signal what going from Digitone also not have. :thinking:

1st screen with Int
2 nd screen with midi
I thought it would work in midi mode, because the picture on the S1 screen is the same as in the example in the video. but I have no synchronisation on both options. only the same view on the screen but not sync.