Berlin suggestions

Not sure if self promotion of one’s own event is allowed here but this might be when you’re in town and something you’d like! I’m organizing an event with a lot of live electronic (and non electronic music) on 9th December (next Saturday!) It’s about as DIY as you can get - organized directly by the artists themselves. It’s a community of Berlin based musicians across genres I helped found - we organize music retreats, jams, and now our first showcase.

I’ll also try to host an open jamspace early on in the evening. Around 11 I’ll debut a live electronic-acoustic jam band (me on TR8s / minitaur / octatrack, plus a cellist, bassist, flautist, vocals etc) and then doing a few originals from this year’s liveset with my collaborator, a vocalist named Lou.

Info is here on RA: https://ra.co/events/1809833

Entry is sliding scale, around 15-20€ but less if you can’t afford. Proceeds go directly to the artists and organizers and 10% will go to the legal fees for a community space that lost its funding recently.

Also on an elektron note, at least three of the live acts are using elektron gear - one act uses a digitakt, another an AR, and myself (OT and DN) :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m not there the 9th of December. But sounds really good. Have fun with your gig!
Thanks for all the advice, there are couple of good places to check out

I’ll try my best to catch your live set on the 9th

So it looks like im free on Saturday and im gonna go and support @fffiiissshhh and his friends show.

Any Elektronauts peoples wanna join?

2 Likes

Wow that’s amazing to hear! Really stoked for the support and looking forward to meeting you!

From 19-21 theres an intro to DJing workshop.
From 20 there are some really sweet ambient/experimental acts (especially Alex Rapp + live percussion and live cello).
At 22 my electronic jam band is on, and my liveset 11-1130 (approx.)

Most sets are 1h, since it’s a variety/showcase type of thing:)

Feel free to DM me with questions etc!

2 Likes

Likewise.
I hope to be there around 10.

2 Likes

Good job going out and showing support! Weekends are dedicated to my family, otherwise I’d join as well. Have a great one and enjoy the music!!!

1 Like

Aaand I made it, unfortunately just in time to help @fffiiissshhh packing up after he’s gig.

But that was the only bad thing, fully on me, at this event.
Super nice people, great vibes and a lot of performers(mini festival vibes).
I’m certainly gonna go again and will bring the wife next time as well. You can bring your friends and lovers of all kind and there’s also room for older folks, like me.(Elektronauts vibe)

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply @ringokidf - and thank you SO MUCH for coming out! Was great getting to know you a little bit too. Can’t thank you enough for helping me break down my live rig and carry it through the packed house to the backstage… my bandmates were nowhere to be found :laughing:

Overall an incredible night and way exceeded all my hopes for our debut event… 300ish people and the crowd seemed to enjoy the wild mix of genres across 3 rooms. Vibe was warm, positive, silly, at times on fire… we stretched it 40 mins past close before I had to cut the music for my own sanity cause i had to come back for strike in a few hours

6 Likes