Behringer WING

I wonder what this is.

1 Like

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/edp_wasp.php

1 Like

I believe B said already that they have plans for this too, Grumo.

I didn´t even know about that synth.

Various copies have been done of it over the years, its filters in particular.

Turns out synthanatomy has been speculating about this for a few minutes too.

I still think a Winglet is more probable, to tie in with this whole announcement.

2 Likes

Because Disney would’ve owned them before they could even say “X-W…”.

1 Like
On trademark, Not that it matters much --

– but there’s a good chance that US Trademark law would allow X-Wing in a dissimilar product area that is not in competition, and where there is no confusion created. (I created a product for a telecommunication company that they named Swatch. The legal department cleared it and it was never fought.)

That’s a good point! I forgot about that. I was thinking only about how ruthless Disney can be when “protecting” their IP. It would not surprise me if they went after anyone. They have successfully gotten trademark / copyright laws changed in the past (and will likely do so again). Ironic, since many of their characters were lifted out of stories that were long part of the public domain.

1 Like

As the expression goes, “you can sue a ham sandwich.” Whether you win is another question. Behringer has a pretty substantial legal department (sitting in the wings) as well.

2 Likes

Sweetwater has a video with Mitch Gallagher.

This thing is really nice. Want!

1 Like

Seeing what this is and what it can do that seems like a bargain. This won’t be a volume product but it does suck the air out of the digital mix board market. There’s definitely room below this product, but i don’t see much of a future for the X-32 if they do a Winglet sort of product.

ADDED: Frivolous add on feature: Glow – You can control the leds underneath the console to affect the “ambiance”!

1 Like

An EDP wasp clone is incoming…

Sweetwater is listing availability for the WING as January.

I don’t think the WING product/announcement has any relationship to the Wasp.

I did not think I would ever GAS over a mixer this hard… trying to figure out how I can justify a purchase like this by January :joy:

3 Likes

Exactly my thought, but it damn well would force me to up my game. Maybe i can hire a band and go on the road.

1 Like

At that price, it is especially disappointing that it is USB2 instead of USB3 and/or thunderbolt. Latency integration with DAWs will be disappointing.

Whats the benefits with USB3?
I thought USB2 has plenty bandwidth, hence we still see USB2 interfaces.

Throughput of data.

Maximums:
USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) 480 megabits per second
USB 3.0 5 gigabits per second

ADDED: The (Hi-Speed) distinction above. There are two kinds of USB 2.0: Hi-Speed and Full-Speed. Hi-Speed is much faster.

1 Like

I use two Peavey MD III mixers, a 16 channel and a 12 channel, and a Yamaha MG12. This would take up a fraction of the space those take up, and has infinitely more features and flexibility. Ugh! I want!

1 Like