Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

:joy:

yea the sequencer on the nubass is mint. so effortless to work with compared to ze 303. limited enough sound palette but it can sound pretty good in places.

2 Likes

Miss my 777, it used to belong to Charlie Clouser and was a prototype :frowning:

9 Likes

Yeah, I like it best with no sub and no drive, it can get pretty acidic for sure!

1 Like

100% agree.
no drive, no sub. then it sounds lovely :sunglasses::ok_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty good news to me.
The only two very good 303 emulations (soundwise) Iā€™ve found are the Avallon ($$!) and the ABL3 (which is a VST).
Never liked the TB-3, the TB-03, never been able to get my hands on a TTā€¦
So Iā€™m looking forward to see this new clone in action 'cause I heavely use acid in my music and I desperatly need a physical 303 so Iā€™ll turn completely dawless.

2 Likes

Clone or not, Iā€™m interested. At least we donā€™t have to wait too long to find out what itā€™s going to be.

2 Likes

Anything less than what the Abstrakt Avalon can do, would be a major disappointment. On the other hand, if it does equal or better the Avalon, then my unit will likely drop in value!

2 Likes

Itā€™s unfair to throw out that there are ā€œplenty of bugsā€ if you donā€™t have the correct information. Thatā€™s one of the worst things about forums, to me. If you know of any current bugs that can be replicated, point them out. There was one about losing sync with bank change and itā€™s been squashed. And if you want to count that the high C doesnā€™t play from the sequencer but I think thatā€™s also been addressed. I donā€™t think there are any now, I never run into any trouble with heavy use.

1 Like

Well like I said, wasnā€™t bashing it at all. There definitely were bugs that existed for years, including one where the sequencer would always respond to program change if I remember correctly. Iā€™m not slamming it. Itā€™s a fantastic synth, but very expensive to have bugs that sit around for a long time. If youā€™d like, Iā€™ll edit my post so I donā€™t confuse others. Iā€™m happy they fixed that one where sync was lost. I just looked at the Avalon page, and those bugs were just fixed two months ago. The previous firmware update was three (!) years previous, so those bugs were around for a loooong time. And having the Avalon respond to program change on any MIDI channel was a GIGANTIC bug that would cause major problems in any setup using multiple pieces of equipment with slaved sequencers. Very nontrivial. Was just meant to contrast with the Behringer synths, which have had their own share of MIDI and other bugs at launch, but which were addressed VERY quickly. Iā€™m saying that buying a 303 from them is a good bet, and Iā€™m not a shit-spreader on forums. Iā€™m usually a gear defender, for better or worse.

1 Like

WOW. I have a jomox x-base 09 from Charlie Clouser. Thatā€™s funny.

2 Likes

Already have too much gear, but been wanting a TB-03 for awhile. Ahhhhh, stop it Behringer, Iā€™m running out of inputs!

Canā€™t wait to see what it looks like and if they can nail the 303 sound.

1 Like

They sell interfaces as wellā€¦ but you already know that. :wink:

3 Likes

i want a 303 that would be super epic gamers

1 Like

I predict something obvious will be wrong and itā€™ll need a firmware fix for something so obvious itā€™ll blow everyoneā€™s mind that it actually got released.

I hope they get it right ā€¦ more ā€˜pro 1ā€™ than ā€˜ms-1ā€™ā€¦they can get it right sometimes.
Iā€™m still waiting for them to fix the ms-1 , before release I 200% thought Iā€™d have bought one instantly.

1 Like

Whatā€™s up with the MS-1?

ah ! Iā€™d be on the line for an upgraded model actuallyā€¦ but it seems that Jered Flickinger is into modular now.

May be time for an ADA8200! Iā€™ve never done acid before, but this is tempting.

They didnā€™t implement glide/portamento to match the 101 , much of the 101ā€™s attraction for me are those old style squiggly wobbly bass lines.

The filter is a little different
The envelopes are a bit different.

But there is someone working out mods that might help, more info in the ms101 thread on gearslutz.

Itā€™s almost ok but not enough to replace my sh01a , which is itself a decent little box.

1 Like

Argh stupid teasers

Well Behringer might be the 1st to make a clone suitable in sound and priced right for the struggling musician.

2 Likes