Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

That’s just poor business if you ask me. With that philosophy Fender should stop making the Stratocaster.

5 Likes

heh, of course the teaser sequence is an Everybody Needs A 303 clone…

I sure hope they get the sequencer right… seems people have had some complaints about the sequencers on there other clone products. Still a cheap 303 box will surely sell even if it isn’t perfect. That said I think of all the synth I have only one of them can’t make some awesome acid baselines, are people actually that desperate for it? is it all about having the classic interface? I dunno I would probably be more likely to grab the Avalon at 10x the cost just because that interface looks like a ton of fun.

2 Likes

Yeh like I said not sure why it makes me sad so many other clones and I have an Avalon myself which I love…

But maybe its the thought of someone owning a studio full of synths with the Behringer logo… maybe its losing the eclectic value and just becoming mass produced like everything else this day and age… its like having a mcdonalds M on all your synths you know?

I had been thinking of getting one of the TT303’s but now I think I’ll hold out and see what Behringer have to offer.
I’m very fond of my MS-101, sure it’s not 100% an SH-101 but it’s a nice synth. If they release a decent 303 clone these two would pair up nicely.

I’ll take one of these and the RD-09 to go with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nice math!

The sequencers have not been the strong point of the sequencers Behringer has produced up until this point, but one can always hope.

2 Likes

Would love it if they implemented sequencing on the fly while pattern is running.
I know most of the clones can only be programmed when the unit is stopped like the original.

Is that exclamation point a typo or did you bust out a factorial?

3 Likes

Do the math, man :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Avalon can sequence, change pattern length, reverse and even randomise while running

1 Like

And Acidlab Bassline3 can do sequencing while running too.

Without the factorial, it could have been 3+3+(3+3)/3.

1 Like

Haha what about 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3 + 3/3.

Behringer pls hire me :crazy_face:

1 Like

Hope indeed. Compared to the TR808, the RD8 has a much improved sequencer imho as far as features are concerned. Not out of the question that the 3+3 might has some advances on the originals, though it would have to be comparable to the TT303 sequencer and much cheaper to get my $.

2 Likes

My experience of Mc Donalds is one of bad food. My experience of Behringer synths is one of good synths.

6 Likes

Would behringers disintegrate if left on a shelf for 10 years?

probably not. omg they ARE mcDonalds. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Now I understand the comparison, thank you :joy:

2 Likes

I think you’re pretty safe here. I’d love to see an amazing 303 clone from Behringer, but I don’t see them or anyone else coming close to the Avalon. The sequencer, the filter cartridges, the build quality and overall sound… it’s an amazing synth, but you probably know that as you have one. Not without its faults, but every single synth and its maker has their own too.

3 Likes