Behringer TD-3 [303 clone]

This thread highlighted to me the acid8 module, so I went to listen to it and (this is just my opinion) it has the features a 303 has but it couldn’t be further from the sound, if I wanted a classic acid line from the videos I watched on YouTube this sounds terrible I would even prefer a tried and tested vst over this so I’m curious as to why it would be thrown into the debate of the behringer td-3 not sounding authentic when the acid8 sounds even further from the 303 sound :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Ended up getting one from moogaudio since I’m in Canada : $264.43 CAD after tax

I agree it’s worthwhile for people to know. It certainly will affect my decision on if I were to buy a Behinger product. Still investigating this a bit more. Me saving a few bucks at the expense of someone’s health would be ethically problematic.

Although, I’m sure some could make the case that is basically how the west gets all their toys these days cough smart phones cough

I agree … I’m for having as many choices as possible

1 Like

Not sure why you are seeing that. I just looked again and its showing as $149.

1 Like

Sweetwater lowered the price, check it again. It’s at $149.99 now.

Does anyone know if we can control all params via midi??

I don’t think it has any cc control at all

tb 03 can

3 Likes

…and it’s an awesome addition.

1 Like

It clearly sounds weaker than the other silver boxes / original, but I’m interested (especially with audio in).
I ask myself which is most fun - volca bass ,this or my TB-3?
is it worth rocking alongside the monotribe ,TB3 and say a volca FM or Keys?
For £100 it was a no brainer .

This or the Volca Nubass?
Purely as a fun bass synth.

Yeah i use my tb 03 to sequence and tweak my p6

1 Like

What does in “Filter in” stands for?
Audio in going thru the filter or cutoff CV modulation?

Audio in.

1 Like

what’s inside? for that price it’s tempting for circuitbending/mods, it’s maybe 'devilfish’able? Bwa guess it’s way to small components for my eyes just like tt303
My conclusion after loopop review, and having myself 4 clones of tb303. Nothing beats the real thing, RE303 is spot on but way to expensive and has mostly sonic potions cpu sequencer glitch! Xoxbox can be good if build well (lots of those around crappy builds), boutique roland is great(cc able) and original + easier sequencing also randomizer and distortion + delay or verb. I prefer my TT303 mk1, which is almost spot on, res can be a bit further, but has many new cool features, easier programming, randomizer, arp, cc able, way more patch storage but flimsy quality.
This TD-3 doesn’t work on batteries? Think it’s sound is way to bright, should be warmer almost muffled away a little bit! Maybe it needs calibration of trimpots?

For that price they should have gone all devilfish way, sure everybody would even pay 100more! Why they did some novamods on the sh clone but nothing on this TBclone? We have clones enough!

I guess we’ll see a few mods for the TD3 soon.

TD-3 doesn’t work on batteries, though.

TT 303 also gives you different step input modes, 64 steps patterns, auto expand patterns (expand for example a 4 note pattern into 64 steps), shift patterns, mutate patterns, pattern playback via midi notes.
You can use Up/Down, Accent and Slide while the pattern plays and let those effect all notes as long as you press the buttons.
Very cool stuff!

2 Likes

Wow sounds amazing @schnork.
Which version of tt303 is this?

mk1 en 2 can do the same things but mk2 looks awful :slight_smile: in my opinion

1 Like

Cool :slightly_smiling_face: thanks.