Behringer Swing

for me personally, this is just another friendly reminder to never support this company

11 Likes

To be fair, Behringer turned cloning into an arturia.

17 Likes

why copy the older version of Keystep ? :rofl:

1 Like

fucks sake.

3 Likes

Arturia has really nothing to do with that (according to german sales team), it’s also not coming from the same factory or anything like that, also afaik there are no legal issues regarding the design (as of 2020), but internals are probaply cloned so this is kinda crazy.

Does the keystep respond to sysex? If so, I bet the same sysex commands work on the Swing…

2 Likes

There are a few discussion topics on upcoming Behringer releases and in particular wrt cloning and ethics etc

e.g

Anything that should be here will be moved or deleted if the demands of tidying this get too onerous - this is a topic to discuss the Swing, there are others for the related issues this obviously brings up

etc etc

Please respect the guidelines and the efforts of the moderators to keep this tidy and separated, there are a few other general discussion Behringer topics to fill your boots on the issues that come from these contentious moves, it only takes one tangential post to derail these threads so use the search and reply in the right place if it’s not directly about the topic. Thanks

3 Likes

Mods, please provide @DaveMech with his very own custom Puntastic!™ badge.

4 Likes

Sorry for all the trouble, but with products like this it gets rather hard to keep discussion about the manufacturer’s products separate from discussion about the manufacturer’s practices.

FWIW, I’m all for a complete ban on discussion about Behringer products that are clones of currently shipping products from other manufacturers. Should make things simpler.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

Riping the ripers…I can’t blame B this time… :rofl:

I guess it is all about avoiding costs and risks.

Oh yeah, and they should not forget about the transparent ones! And maybe a yellow one with a smiley on it!

1 Like

Great assembling quality is represented on on 0:48, when all ports bend inside at the moment the midi cable is plugged into one of them.

1 Like

They should bring that BCR64 Behringer showed today, in white^^ :laughing:

Could be a pre-production model, though.

Nah, that is their patented “flex-e-port” technology, rumour has it that an intern accidentally put liquorice in the 3D printer when printing the supports for the sockets, as it turned out the liquorice was cheaper than ABS filament so they went with it and made it into a feature.

:laughing:

8 Likes

Not sure if screenshots from fb are ok… I left out any user names

9 Likes

I’m glad they made a public statement! And they’re right, it is unacceptable. Let’s hope they take it to court

3 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

Both selling and acquisition of counterfeit products are quite heavily prosecuted by French authorities (DGCCRF) - maybe a way forward for Arturia as a French company?

2 Likes

So if this Bstep makes it into shops… who would actually buy it? For 10$ more you get the real thing, built properly, that wont break, and has ya know… some style to it.