Behringer RD-9

Any news on the RD-9?

1 Like

I donā€™t think behringer will announce anything until after namm 2020 in January.

Any news on this?

curiousā€¦ saw something that said most likely will be released on 909 day, following the RD-8 dealio. Want.

From youtube, posted today.

4 Likes

really the only behringer product im interested in, I wouldnā€™t mind a dedicated 909 since my tr8 died, never was that impressed by it either

2 Likes

Yeah that circuit modeling crap is bunk when you can just, you know, build the circuitsā€¦ regardless of anyoneā€™s feelings on B, one approach is clearly superior.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read rumors that the RD9 will be announced 9/09 this yearā€¦ If the rumours are true, we still have to wait pretty long.

Iā€™m pretty sure that was the plan for last year, Iā€™d not be surprised to see it in stores before summer.

Edit: Although who knows, they did mention somewhere they were aiming for Feb 2020ā€¦

Interesting comments regarding hardwareā€¦ I wonder if them mean internally? I can only speak for myself but my RD 8 is built like a tank. No complaints with iffy switches or wobbly potsā€¦

2 Likes
4 Likes

Man that kick sounds whack :rofl:

3 Likes

How can it sound THAT shit?

4 Likes

Now you know why almost everyone kept an TR-808 around for the kick, next to their TR-909s back in the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

Guess itā€™s a smart business move by Behringer trying to stay true to the original. Means people will have to buy both the RD-8 and RD-9. Double profit! lol :smiley:

1 Like

^
errrā€¦ no. the 909 kick is killer pure sickness. Along with the 808 the most used, sampled kick drum in electronic music. itā€™s my all time favourite. Thats not the problem hereā€¦ the problem is this sounds absolutely nothing like a 909 kick. Itā€™s awful.

Just get a TR-09 if you can get one second hand. Or even better, for the full Roland experience, a TR-8S. All the classics, spot on.

5 Likes

Exactly and after all this time too what on earth are these guys doing all day at their jobā€¦

And to people coming here to say ā€œthe 909 sounds bland without external fxā€
Tell that to the Navaā€¦

2 Likes

Maybe I am mixing up and itā€™s the other way around ā€¦ All I know is that people kept both TR-808 and TR-909 around related to the kick. Thatā€™s for sure.

I use samples from both myself. I have all the samples from Mars. The 808 and 909 ones are awesome! So I have no interest in wasting my money on any drum machine anyway. Got it all covered with the Digitakt.

I myself often like the 808 kick more because it sounds bigger and warmish, while the 909 kick is pretty harsh and thin sounding.

Also be careful with listening to stuff on youtube and base your opinion solely on that! Youtubeā€™s nasty compression can be at play here, if they recorded it too loud! :confused:

Yeah, no that kickā€™s all wrong.
The rest sounds ok though.

Iā€™m sorry, but as a former 909 owner from back in the day, this is absolute cods, as we say up here. The 909 kick is full, bouncy, thuddy, warm ,smoothā€¦ Thatā€™s why itā€™s a classic. This Behwronger version is just way offā€¦

2 Likes

It sounds like theyā€™ve put some pitch envelope on it, makes it sound too boomy instead of tight and punchy like a proper 909. Iā€™m guessing the real 909 sound might be in there somewhere, but in their obsession with all this wave designer and extra features rubbish itā€™s getting lost between the settings.

3 Likes