Behringer RD-9

My pre order is in :+1:

Ā£269.00

Behringer RD-9 pre-order

4 Likes
6 Likes

Behringerā€™s clowinā€™! That looks super fun.

A little big, but fun!

It was your unrelenting pressure what did it :wink:

1 Like

@bambrose - I let people creatively interact with their tools however they wish, and prefer to use the memes thread for my judgemental takes instead. Funnier that way.

Edit: oh, you deleted it

5 Likes

nice. looks like a lot of fun. I knew the 909 was big, but this vid makes it look huuuuge.
also you should have done the Jeff Mills squat :slight_smile:

Not my video

jeff mills is a tiny man, on my monitor he only looks about 8 inches tall, maybe a bit taller if i move my head closer.
i have an rd8 and rd6 , i dont think iā€™ll grab the rd9 ā€¦ i could use a lot of sample packs, tr8, rytm packs etcā€¦ i dont ā€˜needā€™ another drum machine.

2 Likes

349e at Thomann

1 Like

I Really Dont know, if i could resistā€¦
Also considering a used Roland tr8

Even if it sounds good Work flow might be a bit ancient compared to an along Rytm tbhā€¦
No overbridge so basically a stereo out unless you invest in 1000s more of gearā€¦
might buy one if ever gets released just for the sound but reckon it will still be meh

The price is probably an effective compensation there, but I think one issue Iā€™d have is that the faders on the TR-8S have spoiled me. I look at other gear now and I start to see faders appearing, like your shipwreck partnerā€™s head turning into a giant roast chicken.

4 Likes

Sounds really good, apparently. The filter, motion recording and all the other tricks kinda transformed it into a nice little groovebox^^seems like a lot of fun to play with.
I might even get one for christmasā€¦not sure, RD9 is the only Behri Iā€™m potentially interested in.
My Rytm arrives tomorrow, so my drummachine are covered^^ :blush:

1 Like

okay i really want one. iā€™ve wanted a tr8s for a while now and as i get a little discount on roland through my job, itā€™s only a bit more than the rd-9 price. way more flexible obviously, but does that 909 sound as good? sounds SO good in this little video above. damn.

mmmm shipwreck friendchicken.

3 Likes

the demo sounds great, all the nuances are there. once again Behringer clones kicks the crap out the Roland Boutiqueā€™s sound imho

3 Likes

Another point of view, on this all:

5 Likes

This picture reminds me that there is no Stereo Outs. :thinking:

1 Like

Itā€™s not for me. I get along fine with 909 samples in M:S and OT, which also have the FX and filters I need.

Its existence, however, is an encouraging indication that perhaps the chip shortage is something we will start to see other companies overcome.

Also, Iā€™d like to see a new generation of producers do something interesting with 909 sounds. Less formula-ridden bangers and more creative groove, i.e. Phil Collins, ā€œTake Me Homeā€ vibe.

2 Likes

huh no kidding. didnā€™t realize that. kind of odd, eh? i mean not a deal breaker but yeahā€¦ odd.