Behringer RD-9

:joy:

That would be cool but then she was like ā€œWTF is a 909, and I keep the house. Your bags are in the shed.ā€

Although, she did once shut down LTJ Bukemā€™s pressing advances in favor of me. That was both heart warming and sad as I was a big LTJ fan.

4 Likes

Just buy her that bag she wants

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a time machine set :grinning:

1 Like
2 Likes

Damn quad Pro 1s. I think I might have to venture down that path one day.

Meh. Iā€™ll keep my Rytm.

Though Iā€™m totally cool with Behringer making clones of old stuff, I canā€™t help but feel that drum machines are the one piece of kit that benefit from modern updates like loading in samples, in-depth sequencers (i.e. p-locking, etc), more onboard FX, all that stuff. I just donā€™t see the appeal in buying an RD-9 when I can put 909 samples on any modern sequencer and combine those samples with analog machines on the Rytm :man_shrugging: Also the thing is effing GIGANTIC like who has room for that sort of footprint? Itā€™s gotta be twice the size of most modern drum machines.

Then again itā€™s like 1/3 the cost of a Rytm I guess.

6 Likes

Personally, I canā€™t wait for this. I donā€™t need it to sound like exactly like a 909, I just need it to sound good. I love the way the RD8 makes me work and think and Iā€™m loving the results. When I say, all Iā€™m going to use for percussion is this one drum machine and its that limited, I get something different than using a modern drum machine.

Its a vibe. Its a sound. I have a DT and a M:S if I want to do something modern with drums.

There are so few details to get lost with in the RD8 and Iā€™m really liking that. I am also a total drum machine wh0re and I donā€™t feel like I can really have enough of them ever.

The one thing I kinda wish the RD8 had as patch savingā€¦BUTā€¦I also kinda like just snapping a photo of my settings and saying ā€œscrew itā€ and changing everything for a new project not knowing if I can get 100% back to where I was.

It kinda forces me to work quicker before new ideas crop in and get some stuff recorded instead of futzing around forever.

2 Likes

this videoā€™s a year old.

2 Likes

and Patrick was already removed from his home office and i liked his videos and narration more then those from his lil brother :eyes:

I think itā€™s more like 1/5 the cost of a Rytm.

1 Like

Is this thing ever coming out or what?

Asking on behalf of RD-8 :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Any news yet ? Surely they got the clap right by now :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that the RD-8 has its sync issue fixed, itā€™s only a matter of time. That is, unless Behringer is having supply chain difficulties or some such thing. Iā€™m looking forward to it but also idk if I have the space to warrant another drum machine when I have the Rytm.

1 Like

Are Behringer taking the piss? How much longer till this thing sees the light of day? Iā€™m thinking maybe they canā€™t get that clap right ffs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No but seriously when? First it was March and now weā€™re in April :roll_eyes:

Come on Behringer pull yer finger out itā€™ll soon be Christmas

1 Like

September 9th clearly

1 Like

Itā€™s going full steam, lawl.

These days I still find Behringer theā€¦ personality and choices fairly intolerable but Iā€™m okay with the engineers and product team. Releasing physical products under a pandemic is necessarily going to take longer.

2 Likes

theres more chatter on gearslutz (and i guess facebook) ā€¦ i think theres lots of rd8 firmware development which is making into the rd9
theyre still adding features to the rd8

the current page (page 96!)

With the RD-8s misadventures and the 9 taking a bit longer, hopefully that means itā€™s ready to go on day one.

1 Like