Behringer RD-9

and Patrick was already removed from his home office and i liked his videos and narration more then those from his lil brother :eyes:

I think it’s more like 1/5 the cost of a Rytm.

1 Like

Is this thing ever coming out or what?

Asking on behalf of RD-8 :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Any news yet ? Surely they got the clap right by now :roll_eyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Now that the RD-8 has its sync issue fixed, it’s only a matter of time. That is, unless Behringer is having supply chain difficulties or some such thing. I’m looking forward to it but also idk if I have the space to warrant another drum machine when I have the Rytm.

1 Like

Are Behringer taking the piss? How much longer till this thing sees the light of day? I’m thinking maybe they can’t get that clap right ffs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No but seriously when? First it was March and now we’re in April :roll_eyes:

Come on Behringer pull yer finger out it’ll soon be Christmas

1 Like

September 9th clearly

1 Like

It’s going full steam, lawl.

These days I still find Behringer the… personality and choices fairly intolerable but I’m okay with the engineers and product team. Releasing physical products under a pandemic is necessarily going to take longer.

2 Likes

theres more chatter on gearslutz (and i guess facebook) … i think theres lots of rd8 firmware development which is making into the rd9
theyre still adding features to the rd8

the current page (page 96!)

With the RD-8s misadventures and the 9 taking a bit longer, hopefully that means it’s ready to go on day one.

1 Like

The pandemic is making it more difficult to fix the clap.

4 Likes

Behringer are the supply chain.

They don’t manufacture all their components. :slight_smile:
Uli Behringer wrote multiple times how they’re able to buy huge amounts of parts and thus get them for a much better price than companies that cannot afford to buy such large amounts.

2 Likes

For Cool Audio chips, yes! But they do not fabricate absolutely everything from the sand and earth :wink:

3 Likes

Okaaay, maybe it was a slight exaggeration. :happy:

1 Like

Yup, some of the latest OS updates have cured many of the original niggles and now the RD 8 is much more usable and stable. Looks like some of those updates came from the community too with B taking on folks to polish the OS. I think Jamie Munro has done a lot of the work on it? Either way bravo to B and the community for getting it sorted eventually.

1 Like

It’s nearly May 2021 are Behringer avin a giraffe or what? When’s this thing being released. they said March :roll_eyes: It’ll soon be Christmas ffs my RD-8 awaits his brother :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m the last one to defend B, but in their defense, this global chip shortage has also been pretty far reaching. The Korg Modwave, for instance, is practically vaporware, still. And that’s good ole, reliable, “announce on monday, ship on Tuesday” Korg, for crying out loud.

Surely it’s rippling out in some way for B, as well.

4 Likes

I’m hoping around summer 2021 then :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

for sure! this problem won’t just magically disappear.
Meanwhile, that’s over a year to make a lot of music with 909 samples in an OT, or a TR-6S/8S :wink:

2 Likes