Behringer PRO-800

Digging it. I don’t like the membrane buttons though. They should’ve updated those to real buttons imo.

3 Likes

It certainly sounds good. I have the pro 1 that I forget I have but it also sounds good and is fun to self patch.

Even owning the Take 5 now, I might not be able to pass this up as I love Prophets and have been interested in the Prophet 600 as a poor man’s P5 alternative. Interesting collaboration as well on this one.

2 Likes

I like that. Not only does it mean all the extra features, but it’s also that much extra assurance of a quality design. Behringer engineering teams are all quite good, but when your name is attached to a product, you tend to be very particular about getting it all just right.

2 Likes

I purchased a T5 earlier this year. I am really impressed.
I did something daft, when setting it up in my studio, I broke an encoder :frowning:
But I sent it up to San Francisco, ( I am in Pasadena) and 4 days later it was on my porch, dropped off by UPS, completely repaired for $25. I love it, and I love the customer service.

I am not sure about Pro-800. I do like the sound. I am tempted. But no way would I give up my Take5. It’s the nicest sounding synth I have.

I do think about this though. I am tempted. Do you think it’s overlap ? I get the 3 additional voices, and it’s a module. Tempted as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely wouldn’t give up my T5. There might be too much overlap to justify the Behringer as you say, but there seems to be quite a few P5/P10 owners that justify a T5, so the Behringer is a much lower hurdle cost wise. Lol.

Honestly, it will depend on how it good it looks after release, and the price it goes for in Japan. To be honest, I’m eyeing the Solina as well, and that would be a better fit in terms of what I have in the studio.

Some more sound demos

Yeah, I wish they would demo somewhere else. Shame because I like Andertons for guitar demos.

Personally, I find Jack from Andertons amusing and enjoy his demos. I’m not a huge fan of Ricky Tinez demos though.

1 Like

Sounds pretty big. I don’t know if it’s the VCO’s or what, but it sounds less anemic (without FX) than the DM. I imagine a decent chorus/ensemble plus reverb would turn this into a formidable synth

3 Likes

I can see myself doing something like pairing it with an H90 that costs way more than the synth. :sweat_smile: :rofl:

4 Likes

Why not? I’ve seen videos of Korg Volcas processed through H9, Strymon Big Sky, or other high end effects unit.

2 Likes

There’s no reason to not do it if one has the ability to do so. I’m sure it’d sound fantastic.

1 Like

" I imagine a decent chorus/ensemble plus reverb would turn this into a formidable synth"
And I was just contemplating putting a Boss CE-2W on reverb :wink:

1 Like

A review of sorts https://youtu.be/YQgQkVYD2PY

Not the best sound quality

1 Like

Interesting. I hope we see more videos popping up. I’m not familiar with this person, I presume he is an expert on the P600 considering that he was the first in the UK to own one. I wish he had said more about how it compares to the P5, since that’s what he originally wanted out of the P600.

I don’t think there’s much by way of overlap from a technical point of view? The T5 uses SSI chips for both the oscillators and filters where as the Pro800 will (I guess) be using Cool Audio CEM clones for the oscillators and filters. So I’d imagine the core sound of both to be different.

2 Likes

+1

Those membrane buttons are a annoying to use and they don’t age well. Clacky 80s-style computer keyboard buttons would have been my choice.

Still, from what I’ve heard it sounds really good! Most attractive offering from them so far imho.

1 Like

I read that it’s buttons under the membranes and that the membranes themselves are medical equipment grade, so should be OK I’d imagine.

6 Likes

Hope so!

1 Like