Behringer Poly D

No patch memory.

2 Likes

That sucks.

Horses for courses

have a skip through cause its half hour long, he matches patches and puts it back to back with the matriarch and the similarity is astounding. on a petty level through my monitors it sounds like the D is marginally less dull sounding even. found it interesting

The first half of that was a bit cringey (sounds like the mic was attached to the Moog itself and the keypresses and switches were louder than the synth output) but the Matriarch comparison was interesting, certainly seems in the same ballpark tonality-wise.

I didnā€™t listen to the whole thing but there were a bunch of complaints in the comments about that. Iā€™ll never understand why people donā€™t just use direct recordings for videos like this, itā€™s a 2 minute job to line up the audio properly. But yeah, I was surprised at the matriarch comparison. Itā€™s been my big want for a while. Obviously itā€™s a lot more open being semi modular but on raw sound I expected it to easily top the poly D. Iā€™m sure this is more a compliment to the boog than an insult to the matriarch

1 Like

these things are like $500 at the moment. i never wanted one before but iā€™d like a more bassy synth with a character than differs from sequentialā€™s to compliment my Take-5

iā€™d get an analog four, but iā€™ve only ever owned the mk2 and thats more than i want to spend at the moment. plus i get sick of the A4 sound very easily. i loved the model d, aside from the tuning issue. i was considering getting a crave but this is a good price.

does it have the same issue as the model d with tuning drift? is it easier to calibrate, if so? does anyone with experience enjoy theirs?

i could also just get the pro 1 but i think there would be a little more overlap there

Got an offer from a friendo who is selling his Poly D. Thing is, I think its too big and I dont need the keys.

Have anyone had any luck removing the keybed? Only video I can find has been made private on YT :lying_face:

I get it, just because someone plays something on a synth doesnā€™t mean that synth is ā€¦

This is a Poly D. Itā€™s a $600 synth.

This guy ( Martin Pohl ) really hams it up. Itā€™s youtube so thatā€™s allowed.

The video lasts one minute.

Part 2

1 Like