Behringer Poly D

16 Likes

That’s a nice looking synth

1 Like

I’m guessing the price on this thing will be in the $6/700 range?

$199

4 Likes

Probaply.

Anyways, can’t watch the whole video now, is that wood or plastic^^?

Ply wood?

Or maybe they went full seventies and it’s wood-appearing vinyl? :smiley:

4 Likes

Particle board perhaps?

1 Like

What a properly odd-looking synthesizer^^ :laughing:

Looks like they’re going all in now.

2 Likes

Nice!

Huh, seems quite well done… I do think the graphic design and woodish stuff on it is kinda bad looking but its not complete ugly. Odd of them to call it a poly though isn’t it using the 4 oscs paraphonically through 1 filter? Unison mode being a duophonic mode? I think the chorus makes sense as the effect to pair it with if that’s the case to thicken up the single oscillator voices. I’m a huge fan of paraphonic synths so color me interested but why call it the poly D :confused:

edit would have been the perfect chance to say “its not a clone its a para-D”

13 Likes

The real inspiration for Behringer’s newest synth. dj-pauly-d-review

15 Likes

Yeah I was about confused about that myself- regarding the unison and poly mode. I was expecting more on the synth side, honesty. But this is a worthwhile update.

Great pun btw

3 Likes

This would be a great “first synth” to someone wanting to learn subtractive synthesis. The paraphonic mode adds so much harmonic dimensions to an already comprehensive package. Monosynths are cool and all but as you cant do even primitive chords with them (pretuning oscillators to make a triad doesnt count), learning synthesis on a mono only isn’t the best path IMO.

A shame they don’t make a desktop version of this one… O’well. I guess this one is for the shredders! Must admit being tempted.

2 Likes

nice
wonder how much the thick vcos and the envelope section is suited for pad sounds

shit, you beat me to the para-d. something something too close to the behringer business model something something.

I actually like this one. First Behringer I would consider buying. A genuine step up from the thing they’re cloning, not just a weird isotope of the original.

4 Likes

Deepmind-12 could be considered a similar upgrade from Juno, as well as RD-8 from TR-808.

3 Likes

I dont know why, but this synth bores me. It sounds kinda old. It has a fat sound, no doubt, but I kind of want something “new”. I hope they start getting into the hybrid game.

moog should get in on the action and sell $400 luxury metal stickers to affix over the Behringer logo

8 Likes

.When I got my Voyager RME and saw the cheap vinyl Moog sticker I immediately emailed them for a metal one, but they didn’t have any and said they weren’t even being made.
Though if I get a Faux-1 I’m ready :grimacing: