Behringer Neutron

Love it… I also skinned my Neutron here - the middle one in the stand

12 Likes

Nice an all Behringer rack !
Makes sense to skin the Neutron in black, with the Pro-1 and K-2. Behringer could consider that too if they ever do a bundle of these.

1 Like

The skins cost about €30.00 each I thought it was worth it. I have the Model-D but like that one as it is. These look pretty good in the rack when skinned tho… :+1:

1 Like

OK, here’s another one of the dozen Neutron videos i got in the “ambient” search.

This is interesting because he gets a droning four note chord from the Neutron, using an external delay to overlap two notes at a time.

He gives details in the comments, but if i understand what he wrote, he tuned the two oscillators to a minor third, and then with an LFO he moves both oscillators up a fifth, while running the delay with the same LFO timing thereby blending the four notes together. He then changes the oscillator shape to get the effects. He adds reverb to this all. Please fill me in if i’ve got this wrong.

6 Likes

Doesn anyone have some pictures of the circuit board?

I’m wondering which internal trimpots might be inside :slight_smile:

Just google it. There is loads of info out there.

2 Likes

Thnx. Well I found some, but not a picture of the entire pcb.

Anyway, Maffez told me that there is only 2 tuning trimpots and 2 trimpots for the delay, for anyone interested.

Now on sale at Sweetwater for $199. I’m in!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/NeutronMod--behringer-neutron-semi-modular-analog-synth

Same! Mine comes today. Gonna be nice to have extra modulation and processing for my 0Coast.

I’m ordering mine as an early Xmas present to me from family. This will give me time to learn the new model samples inside and out. Looking forward to using one of the tracks to drive an analog synth.

Modules for nothing - Bire Straits ?

2 Likes

I got a Behringer Neutron pre-owned today. After spending ages having it not recognise MIDI notes via DIN or USB I upgraded the firmware and now it works. But now when I wiggle certain knobs - notably the cutoff - it stops producing notes altogether.

I’m controlling it through Ableton Live via MIDI DIN and my Focusrite Clarett 8Pre. No idea why this is happening, but I have to admit I’m losing patience!

Anyone had this happen to theirs? Gonna contact the seller if I can’t figure out what’s happening here. Also I didn’t get any patch cables with it!

Edit: fixed it I think… Was sending all sorts of MIDI data from Live without realising it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The Proton

A Neutron like product.

Thread <= Thread got killed. (ADDED)

4 Likes

Here is how the Neutron (N) is different :

• The N has a delay, and an overdrive circuit.
  • The N similarly has two oscillators, the N has no wave folding.
  • The N’s oscillators are configured to sound differently.
  • The N has one less column of 8 CV inputs.
  • The N has one multimode filter, one less than the announced product.
  • The N has one LFO, one less than the announced product.
  • The N similarly has two ADSR envelopes.
  • The N does not have the two loopable ASR envelope circuits.
  • The N has a similar price to the announced product.
3 Likes

Looks like the Proton lost the Sample and Hold as well

1 Like

Only one more thing to release to complete the trifecta:

The Electron :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like they have cloned Elektron’s “no one box with all the features you want” design

1 Like

Companion for my Minibrute 2 + Rackbrute… :wink:

1 Like

Thinking the Proton could make my CAT purr.

Aso just the right size for my remaining desk space.

2 Likes

Clever video using Neutron for all sounds in DnB

3 Likes