Behringer JAM Sample Groovebox

Behringer should really think about making a looping station/midi cv sequencer with all the sound modules they have released. I see the looping controls are a function press in the Op, they are getting close…

This looks like the unwanted love child of the MPC One and the Polyend Tracker.

4 Likes

:+1::rofl:

Care to explain this ? Because switching bit depth is pretty much an on/off thing. Unless you provide intermediate bit depths, but I fail to see the point.

2 Likes

anyway they are agressive… a msg in their facebook page

We have now assembled our best and most passionate engineers from our 400+ global R&D team to develop a complete range of DJ equipment including samplers and controllers etc. to fully integrate with our upcoming free DAW whose development is already in full swing.

But we need many more passionate and highly experienced talents and hence we’re hiring in the following areas:

• experienced product designers
  • R&D Scrum Masters
  • embedded Linux and ARM/Rockchip software leaders
  • Qt senior software leaders
  • mixed architecture hardware leaders
  • highly influential DJ’s who love to co-innovate

We’re also considering acquiring complete engineering teams and even companies.

Our goal is to democratize DJ and offer great equipment at a fraction of the current prices so we can empower every DJ on this planet.

Come join us, we’re offering “work from home” without any location requirements and also great benefits.
Please send your resume to joinus@musictribe.com and help us become the leader in the DJ market.

2 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes

Midas, plus their DDX 32/16 digital mixer from 2004 which is actually pretty good

I joined that Facebook group out of curiosity. It’s pretty grim.

1 Like

Actually if there is one music gear market that s ridiculously overpriced then it s the DJ market. Curious to see if they ll manage to impact Pioneer ‘s monopoly.

They d have to clone the whole ecosystem including CDJ’s, Rekordbox & Traktor software, nexus link etc. I honestly don t think we re seeing Behringer gear on any pro DJs rider soon.

Not because Pioneer is so great but because the scene is conservative and people are locked in that ecosystem.

3 Likes

i feel you but you see how pioneer is acting now since denon put out the prime series? they are scary to lost the monopoly and they try to put out some gear but not so popular. people have asked for a 4 channel xdj rx and they give you rx 2 almost the same as rx 1. they try again with the rxz but denon put out the prime 4
take a look at the pioneer forum and the moderator arrogance

remember the ni traktor dj stuff, leader on the dj software, now where are the? the ni maschine stuff?

Was Maschine ever big in the DJ world? Anyway, I’m not a DJ and not super up to date with it. I do run a rental business and for me it’s quite convenient when there is one clear standard, it means I don’t have to buy into a bunch of different DJ gear platforms :smile:

For now CDJ2000nxs2 and DJM900nxs2 rental is doing just fine.

a friendly reminder - let’s not get too far off topic - we’re processing flags because it is drifting here and there

7 Likes

i miss some words. i wold say in the sampling and beatmaking thing
they take a nap and the autonomous gears put them to rest. elektron stuff is pretty solid and akai is working hard the regain is kingdom

but it will not be forever

Lolz, they not only copied the buttons and most of the button layout but even the same secondary functions, they didn’t even bother to rename them.

my suggestion on their FB group… some of you might relate, hehe

1 Like

Kind of tiring of companies putting out concept renders, long before they done the actual work, whatever happened to do the work and launch the product ?

Anyone can put up some cheesy renders or launch a kickstarter, and many have done so successfully and many have failed to deliver as well.

2 Likes

I doubt Behringer is getting ready to start a kickstarter, they seem pretty well funded already and have a lengthy history of releasing products.

Getting renders from an established company to get early product feedback from the customer base seem like a good idea to me. I guess it really comes down to does Behringer listen to customers feed back when they release these renders?

It’s a render, nothing more, which is a fun way to get some hype sure. But market research is not made based on renders. Sure taking data from comments on social media is a part of it, but believe me when i say that it takes a little more than tossing out a render on social media to get the data required for R&D.

My point is that it means absolutely nothing until they have something tangible to present. You probably right that it won’t be on kickstarter, but being on kickstarter is not always connected to lack of funds, there are manufacturer that launches products on kickstarter even though they have the funds to do it them self, but they like the reduced risk.

1 Like

You can’t copyright a user interface, or an idea, or the layout of a groovebox, so the answer is never. There are other forms of intellectual property that might be relevant, but I doubt Akai have patented the layout of their products, and the mockup looks different enough to not be an identical copy anyway.