Behringer JAM Sample Groovebox

There was an announcement not long ago. Whether it ever happens only time will tell.

Actually maybe it wasn’t an announcement, just a teaser and the internet got carried away.

1 Like

BMPC-101, I guess.

:joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Fair enough, I don’t have any experience with their Digital mixers but I’ll take your word on it.

1 Like

Whoa simmer down there buddy. I never said that Behringer has novice engineers, I’m well aware of the quality roster of talent that they have. I was simply stating that it would take a lot more product development to put a unit such as this and then code a program that properly functions. I dont know why you have to feel all defensive about these statements. No one is doing the whole “evil Beheringer” stuff here. I own several Behringer products, so I’m speaking from my own experiences, which does not include fucking around with their mixers. I hope they nail it, competition is great for you and me, but of all their recent products, this one makes me the most nervous.

6 Likes

The layout has me intrigued. If it is something like newer MPC graphical interface combined with an Elektron workflow it could be a contender. Fix those pad numbers tho.

Hey alright I took your statement the wrong way, my bad. Just stating that you don’t need to wonder about how a device like this will be supported or speculate on it, there is already evidence out there for you if you are interested. Party on!

1 Like

Have to say as well I’m kind of sick of too “in yer face” RGB buttons and pads and over bright garish LEDs in general, from reading around this and other forums a lot of others are too, so there is an opportunity here for Behringer to go against the grain and add classy but still informative buttons and LEDs, maybe looking at this mockup perhaps not, but if enough people suggested it then who knows?

6 Likes

This. Can’t stand them. Novation’s Circuit was a pain to look at - Orange, Red, Pink and Green :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I would take circuit pads over M:C ones anyday…

I wonder what the extent of that “12 bit” button is

images

I do find it weird , yes they develop some complicated original hardware ( eg wing ) but get issues wrong on what I presume are simpler to develop devices ,clones and sequencers.

I’m sure the internal teams may be different but they should really speak to each other . They can do great stuff .

I’m not in the market for an mpc style box, but it seems to take a long time to develop something solid and the competition is well developed.

I’m not sure i ever need instant access to sample rate/bit depth button.
But for instant ‘oooo old school akai / emu sound ‘ it helps marketing and generate pages of speculation.

1 Like

What issues have they got wrong on ”simpler” devices?

Behringer and classy…? that ship sailed loooong ago.

5 Likes

Good point. From the problems with their 808 facsimile one could conclude that it does take time to get right (the Midas/X32 is likely based on existing code)

I think I need a holiday from this world.

4 Likes

A new deck and all those tapes feels like you already did!

1 Like

They’re on to a DAW too?

Yes, they were/are. There’s a link to their original post. I think this might be overlapping the sampler thing as PoFM noted.

1 Like