Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

Got mine the other day, running it through the modular and it’s like Black Dog tracks falling out of the speakers. However, having owned a DFAM before, I don’t think it sounds like one, in the same way the Crave doesn’t sound like a Mother 32. That’s not a problem though, the DFAM has a very distinctive sound that is hard to disguise. So rather than a copy, both the Edge and DFAM could happily co-exist.

4 Likes

Got mine yesterday and agree with this having previously had a DFAM. The filter is noticeably different. Still sounds good but a different flavour for sure. The addition of usb midi, the clock divider and larger sequencer knobs are great additions that address frustrations I had with the original.

4 Likes

Hey guys, I was able to get one today from poland
Apparently they still have some.

Cheers :v:

https://www.skylarkmusicstore.com/pl/synteza

280€ for the Edge?

Mine just came in from sweetwater (somehow delivered today, 2 days early, even tho I’m in LA with the storm!)

It’s great for the price. Definitely not a DFAM replacement or killer. It sounds and feels different. The knobs are very stiff and hard to turn but maybe they’ll loosen up. Wish they had more grip too.

Overall I’ve just had it for 30 min so far and I’m gonna paid it with the crave. I have the mother 32/dfam combo as well, they’re just different.

Happy to have them all, but I definitely don’t think one replaces the other.

2 Likes

This video is stolen from https://youtu.be/fNtVpuVCbTE?si=F79a--eotBmrWevE

See This guy is stealing our uploads and claiming them as his own

Man, that jam got me going. It’s going to be a while before they’re available again according to the Thomann product page :disappointed_relieved:. I got GAS!

1 Like

funny enough, i haven’t been touching it since i got my M8, but current plans are to sync them together and have a mini techno setup!

2 Likes

Fixed that, had no Id :innocent:

1 Like

GAS is getting well out of hand for this one, started looking around the room for things to sell…

Could you share the link?

2 Likes

Sent in PM. Had to delete the screenshot bc it was special pricing.

1 Like

well, i’m out of “No New Gear New Year”. Wonder if Andertons are actually going to get more stock at the end of Sep or not…

hey guys i got one a couple days ago and i really love it. Now i am looking for a companion for it, any idea what pairs best with the edge?

Probably behringer Crave, followed by their Spice.

1 Like

explain setup ?

Ooh didn’t know about the spice, perfect. Hope it drops soon

OT and EDGE tempo synced. EDGE goes into a Through track in OT, OT output goes to AH+FX.

my edge arrived on tuesday, woohoo! haven’t yet had the chance for a deep dive, but the first 30-minute session was promising. i had it synced to the analog four and ran it through the external inputs for fx - recommended! will be interesting (i hope?) to see if some cv from the a4 can make it do something extra gnarly, too.

1 Like

where did you order from?