Beatmaker 3 + Digitakt = Bliss

Cool! I think I’m gonna take the plunge! I need to improve my workflow, so hopefully this will help.

I appreciate the info.

Did you take your videos down?

1 Like

Is there a chance to use an audio track as steady input channel for Digitakt Audio out (in my case coming from attached Iconnectivity2+)? >> As ican in AUM <<
I tried and can sample, but that is not what i (mostly) want to do…
I want to have my drums beeing played from Digitakt (and heard in BM3) and use synths on the BM§-midi-channels.
Thanks for your help!

thought of bumping this thread, since the new Digitakt OS made me reconsider this pairing.
I opened BM3 after quite a long time and got as exasperated with it’s interface as always - feels so confusing and counter-intuitive to me.

I wold like to try something like this:

• 3 banks with stems and loops (ie. A for Bass, B for leads, C for melodies)
  • each bank having all samples in a choke group (so they would stop when switching patterns)

that’s enough for a start. for some reason, even if I set different notes for each pad (in the same bank) the same sample gets triggered - as if it were triggering the last sample I played on BM3.

I started thinking of other apps that would do the job easier, and remembered I had bought Launchpad’s IAP for sample import, which actually works pretty good, but it has no option for MIDI control, which kinda kills it for me…

1 Like

Hi Buska,
today i was trying what you did and failed.
Ideally i would like to have 8 banks corresponding to the 8 midi channels on DT with assigned CC knobs. Each bank would hold one sample. Maybe you can give me directions with the midi settings in BM3 and auto learn for the macros?
Many thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

Also curious

Just seeing the letters b. m. and the number 3 consecutively puts me out of the mood for making music.

2 Likes

Hehe I’ve been using it since launch day (late June 2017 iirc) and bm3 has been pretty solid for me in the last couple updates. Sucks that Mathieu left the team
Tho.

Oh the bugfest it used to be. Not to
Mention the dreaded Consequences of deleting your “Unsaved projects” (I lost 40+ in progress tracks from that shit)

Tried BM3 with DT

well… doesn’t worked well for me… can’t assign midi channels to specific pad (BM always play the focused pad and assignment system is too complicated ), strange behavior of projects, and it crashed a few times… and what is more important - when using it via DT usb audio there’s a notable non consistent delay so the beat became very weak…

not sure, maybe there’s a way to fix it, but doesn’t feels solid… easier just to get MPC500 or something…