[BATTLE OF THE EXQUISITE CORPSE] Team Verses! (Stage 1) - Start the sample search!

IIUC, it’s like with drawings where everyone involved do a part without seeing the drawings of the others (head-body-bottom).

3 Likes

Sounds fun! I’ll try and do it, so consider me in.

1 Like

@BLKrbbt maybe to make things more interesting.

Each person on a team creates:

• Beat
  • Bass
  • Harmony
  • Melody

And for each person’s section, they can only use one of their parts for their section?

3 Likes

It is like that… an exquisite corpse that I mentioned earlier.

5 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, once the teams are announced we decide amongst ourselves who does what.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, I didn’t know that expression/term!

1 Like

I kind of think of it like the first day of band practice.
Someone shares an idea and everyone riffs off of that till something clicks.
Once on a team, everyone just shows what they got in mind, see what we gravitate towards.

2 Likes

Thats better. Let’s do that.

I love the spirit of this project. But the stated structure of it makes me a bit antsy.

1 Like

Let’s say everyone on a team throws down break beats. I’m sure a few would have ideas on how to approach it.
Say another team only has sounds, then they build on that.

Less rules going in, and let the imagination carve it into something definitive.

That would seem like the best way to avoid fitting square pegs in round holes

2 Likes

I think the heart of this project is meant to teeter on unpredictability and possible catastrophe.

But I guess, the rules are only necessary if two conditions are met:

1. If there’s a cash prize
  2. If you care about the cash prize

Let’s get collabing! (In July :cry:)

4 Likes

Hold up!

If anybody wants to do a practice round of collabing across the forum before the official start of this mission. Message me and I’ll get us all in a group message

4 Likes

I have a few loose ideas.
Some beats, some sounds, some bass, just a general variety of things.
I was kind of thinking I’d just post those in what ever state, maybe break some into stems/loops and contribute that in the hat of starting points.

2 Likes

Put me in!

1 Like

Great idea man I’m in! Thought that it was 2 on 2 at first for some reason :man_facepalming:

@Ryan cash prize always makes things all the more fun even if everybody participating submits 1-10 bucks/pounds/yen/euros/francs/rubles and I second those :innocent:

1 Like

I’ll do you one better. A download code of my latest album: priced at $20 :smiley:

2 Likes

That would be great if we were all producing together IRL. And because people might have different strengths in production that may not be able to be compatible for that.

I was thinking of each track showcasing the 4 who worked on it, and to see different motifs worked out of the same pool of samples.

Since people on here have such busy live, I thought it be better it be more of an individual cooperative battle instead of working hand in hand.

1 Like

Yeah, this is a great approach.

I’ll call it “exquisite corpse”.

2 Likes

You know what, the ball is rolling, and it seems that people are getting themselves inspired.

I’ll let the teams form up and the it’s a free for all.

Why make it harder?

I was really just trying to avoid some producing 90% of the track and wanted everyone’s talents to shine. As long as no one is left on the sidelines because someone thinks their idea is better.

I’ll let the cooperation happen organically.

The original idea was good too but it’s fun this way also.

2 Likes

I thought more people together would make it more interesting and really showcase everyone individually.

But it’s morphing into something different, so I am going with the flow.

I’m keeping it 4 person teams so it eases the pressure on the members to produce.

. But there maybe an odd number team in the mix.

2 Likes
  1. @aarb420

2. @pandanaut

3. @jdaddyaz

4. @monquixote

5. @malus_mons

6. @Maisin

5 Likes