[BATTLE OF THE EXQUISITE CORPSE] Team Verses! (Stage 1) - Start the sample search!

No idea how this is going to work but I’m in.

3 Likes

BASED!

Seriously though: this is a beautiful idea for a challenge and I’m grateful you shared it

1 Like

It will all work out in the end, we got you… and it will be fun!

3 Likes

Any openings?

2 Likes

Fuck yeah! Get in the van!

2 Likes

Sounds fun but things are a bit to hectic these days for me (and July won’t be any better). Looking forward to hearing what comes of this.

2 Likes

I’ll give the winner a 10% off coupon for my Patreon :rofl:

5 Likes

Same here, I trust my procrastination more than my commitment these days. Sad but realistic.
And I’d be super sad to let someone else down.

But I love team battles.
Reminds me of an exquisite corpse we did 6 years ago: 12 “operators” (as we called op-forums users) x 30s, all done on OP-1: much fun.

The following are mixes from individual submissions from battles.
Here, the tracks had to begin and end with mandatory (Slim Phatty based) intro/outro that could be bound together:

Here, a (Model:Cycles) sample set had been provided to get some common characteristics in the sounds of the individual submissions, and I crafted some (mostly Model:Cycles) transitions to bind them:

5 Likes

This sounds like an interesting battle, I’d like to give it a go but I’m making so little music lately that I’m feeling guilty for even thinking about it. That may or may not change in the next few weeks though :slight_smile:

1 Like

At some point you are going to create random teams correct?
Just making sure I don’t miss the update

1 Like

These are GREAT!
Maybe we’ll wind up on a team and have SlimPhatty x2 :metal:
I like the Alpha & Omega vibe on XXIIOP

1 Like

Being super practical for a millisecond…when it comes to teaming up, is there any benefit in grouping folk who use similar DAWs?
Just thinking how best to collaborate and the benefits of being able to share project files instead of just WAVs.
Just throwin’ it into the pot of thoughts.

Fuck it I can’t leave it on 13 I’m in!

I’m on team Bitwig BTW

4 Likes

We teaming by DAW?
Ableton here.
If by genre, I’m with that 90s style, be it Good Looking, Ragga, or Metalheadz.

1 Like

@BLKrbbt Might be fun if you assign a random key and BPM so that everything the teams make can fit together.

Sort of. I’m letting people team up if they want, then I’ll randomize the rest. More in the spirit of fun than competition.

Two slim Phatties would be really cool, so I would just team you and @LyingDalai now, but I’m only adding people who fully say “I’m in!”

I think @LyingDalai is just spectating as of now, which is just as welcomed. It’s a joy to have you involved in any way.

1 Like

@DrOrthogonal That would be nice, but it would complicate things. I think it’s best to leave that to the problem solving of the challenge.

Maybe you will luck out, but it’s probably going to be bouncing .wav’s.

@monquixote It depends on the teams approach. I first envisioned it as each participant makes a section and the team mixes the sections to a track.

But too many want it to be one track with the parts played in, like a band.

Both are good ideas, and people suggested both, so I’m just going to leave it up to the players how it shakes out.

1 Like

I’m terms of these challenges, I’m seeing that if you want a pure challenge with equal playing field, we would need to be all together in person, you would need a buy in, and I would provide the sounds and equipment for everyone to have equal resources.

But we are just passing ships traveling alone on the internet, playing radio games to pass the time, as we fade into the distance towards where we call home.

1 Like

Im leaving it all up to you. Once the teams get formed, then they decide their approach.

Once we get going, there will be plenty of time to get everything sorted. Plus I’m hoping all the communication between teams happens on the public thread. It would be nice to watch how things are developing.

Oh, double let down: I have sold my Smim Phatty years ago, and I’m way too “busy” on other matters that I’ll just stay on the bench, sorry.

1 Like