Battery options for Model:Samples

Great, so you plug the power bank into the exact power outlet?
Where can I find it on amazon do you think so?
Also could you tell me make and model?

Waiting for the official Elektron handle that I look forward to.

Uhh … I wish I read this before ordering mine for my new M:C. Where did you have to trim your Lindy cable ?

I cut off some of the plastic on the “barrel” jack to expose more of the metal, so the barrel is now longer. Also tapered it. Maybe thinning the plastic would be sufficient as the plastic handle has a bigger diameter as the original.

1 Like

Interesting, mine didn’t need a mod, even though it’s a Lindy like yours and has an obviously fatter body (plastic) section than the Elektron supplied PSU.

I connected my power bank to the side DC input and it doesn’t really work. When power knob is pressed, MS is starting s as and then shuts down. My power bank is pretty powerful. Looks like it is better to use back connections input

I have the same issue but with the side input, I was thinking on trying the way you did it but all in all if your way doesn’t work and my way too, it might be the power bank is too smart and doesn’t simply give necessary amount of voltage as it is probably waiting for a signal from the phones charging system, something like quick change signal or identification. I think any “stupid’ power ank will work better

I have tried several different cables to connect to the side ports, without success. I have found a snug fitting cable for the main power port on the back, but nothing that fits the side ports. I even bought 2 different brands of center-positive 2.1mm connectors and they either don’t fit in the hole or are too loose to stay there. Thankfully, you can return stuff to Amazon!

Looking at the pictures of the Ripcord cable (found at MyVolts) that fits in the side ports, mentioned in a few of the posts above, the connecting bit looks too thick to fit, so I am baffled. Not sure I want to pay the premium to have that shipped to USA, only to find that it also does not work.

Can anyone give any more information about the uniqueness of those side ports? Could it be they are a unique size designed only for the imminent Elektron battery handle? Of the people who have a successful side cable, can you share a picture of the connecting pin, to show its size and how it fits?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

It’s one of the most standard plug sizes, the same size as the power socket on almost every guitar pedal ever made.

I use this exact cable and it works perfectly:

edit: when you say “side ports”, are you aware that the power input is on the left side? The right side is a threaded fixture and not a power input. Sorry if this is obvious.

3 Likes

OMG!! Thank you for your response. I can now join my people pushing the orange knob for power and not turning on their power packs! :hugs: Of course I was just looking at the one on the right side and saw the threaded fixture but never thought to look at the other side. DOH! Life suddenly seems so simple. :rofl:

Many many thanks. This thread and community are awesome!

6 Likes

Looks like my cables are ok but maybe power bank doesn’t work this way? It works with smartphones but it doesn’t with MS. It is 30000 mah but I maybe it supposed to detect the MS? I have tried both the side and the back DC inputs and non work for me

I have ordered 5 Volts cable from MyVolts and as soon as it arrives - I’ll post a pictures (if it works!).
I have purchased several cables that fit side and back DC inputs on my MS but non of them work. And I got lost as I don’t know if cables don’t fit as they should or my power bank doesn’t pick MS up. So I decided to order cable from My Volts and see if it will work - it looks like the right cable and I like the design of the side connector. We’ll see…

No news still on the plastic tube eh?

Patience. It hasn’t even been two years yet.

2 Likes

Nothing yet. Looks like they want to change something.

:slight_smile: Most of those that want battery - use it with powerbanks. I still try to do the same but no results - waiting for right cables.

Can anyone confirm the following powerbank is OK or NOT OK to power up MS:
Maybe someone has the same or tried one?

Wondering if anyone’s had any luck or insight into powering this from a usb-c port (i.e. direct from a macbook)? or is that unrealistic?

1 Like

With RipCord from MyVolts I have powered MS from my phone’s USB-C with no issues!

2 Likes

so who’s got the longest lasting battery?