Battery fail on Octatrack

I have an Octatrack – long out of warranty – that is neither sending nor receiving audio. I am unable to play samples through the main or cue outs from CF card nor record audio to buffers through inputs A-D. The headphone jack is also silent. I ran the device in test mode and received a “battery fail” status, and with the LEDs lit on MIDI trigs 11 and 12. The Record LEDs are also always lit.

Anyone encounter this issue? I am assuming this is a battery related issue. If so, has anyone serviced the battery themselves?

1 Like

Open a support ticket. I remember reading (in the manual, I think) that the internal battery needs replacing about every six years, though some may make it longer?

2 Likes

Replacing the batteries (there are two of the same type stacked, CR2450 iirc) isn’t very difficult; I did it on mine an age ago after getting the “Battery Low” message on start.

There’s a few threads on here that detail the process; Battery LOW for example.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks! Very easy to do and everything works now.

5 Likes

hey there guys , a while a go my octatrack started to show wile starting mode’ the msg “low battery” meanwhile a page that i should insert date( day/ year) appears. anyone knows whats going on? what shoud i do? should i replace the battery where is it ? do i have to open it to get it changed ???
need help,
reguards

That post was merged from a different topic/thread.

3 Likes