Batman & Robin are ROLAND Fans!

in the new “DC Titans” show there is a scene where Robin is in one of Batman´s safehouses and when he uses the supercomputer there, you can spot a familiar lightshow:

System-1m as a supercomputer?
(also a MX-1 or upside-down TR-8 to his left haha)

or the BAT-SYNTH ?!? :smiley:

28 Likes

Well spotted! Guess the set designer bought these for the very reason most people hate them, glaring overly bright lights.

4 Likes

Funny enough I was just joking around with my girl about how shows use pro audio equipment for high tech labs and space ships and what not, haha. Great find.

2 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah I believe one of the Jason Bourne movies had some Behringer gear in the racks LOL !
Good catch on the Roland unit !

2 Likes

And when the season is over the set designer will kindly take them home. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve seen several Novation Launchpads on the SYFY network - it always cracks me up.

1 Like

That’s a tr8s in there?

1 Like

I poisted this on Reddit a few weeks ago when I noticed it. Hilarious!

1 Like

Hahahaha, great :blush:

Dr Theopolis was the great grandfather of the Zoom ARQ!

3 Likes

That’s probably a set designer who wanted to trick out their studio after the shoot.

2 Likes

Can’t blame him :joy:

now where can I get a job as a set designer for a movie with a budget that allows for a Buchla Easel as a “bomb” prop… ?! :smiley:

1 Like

It’s an MX-1… although for a hot second I thought it may be the 2nd edition - MX-1s - that is yet to exist!

2 Likes

I used to tend bar in an area that had a huge tax break for movie production. I met several set designers and production managers that would order high end guitars for use in a scene or two and then take them home.

So, if you’re wondering why the poor college student has a scene in a shitty dorm room with a $5,000 Les Paul in the background, that’s why.

Also heard that De Niro was known for ganking outfits, accessories, and props that he wanted.

EDIT: Just realized who I was replying to. Love my Dwarfcraft pedals!!!

4 Likes

I’m really glad to hear it- I usually like them but as we approach the tradeshow I always consider a career in filing paperwork or something that can’t follow me home.

2 Likes

This is great. I’ve noticed other pro audio equipment in movie sets before. I need to try to grab some screens next time I see an example. Good stuff. Thanks OP.

1 Like

and we wonder now hollywood manages to have a rom-com movie with zero special effects yet somehow a 200 million budget… ^^

1 Like