Bass synth

I’m making the point generally my to anyone in particular

Thanks for everyone for all of your suggestions. I am going to go with hades

Cheers

Lea

3 Likes

DIY or Eurorack?

Seemingly a set of ‘exclusive bass optimised patches’. I’m guessing it’s a standard monologue under the hood

Agreed. Albeit a very pretty hood.
Kinda a pointless release?? Supposedly for people with money to burn.

Consider Pioneer Toraiz AS-1. well within your budget.

3 Likes

That’s interesting as I really like Dave smith instruments, can this get the kind of sound that I’m looking for with future garage? I could only really find acid style demos on YouTube.

Thanks

Lea

It’s apparently irresistible haha :raised_hands:

With the reissue the DIY version is the same as the retail one available in December, and they both come with the powered case - so can be used standalone or eurorack.

Worth noting that although it’s described as DIY it’s really just light assembly - the tuning is probably the bulk of the work.

2 Likes

Yes I can’t solder and was surprised to see it’s all presolded

2 Likes

not a uk garage aficionado, but it seems like a lot of these bass lines are FM sounds, probably all from VSTs. does this have to be a hardware synth? you’d probably have everything you needed with the serum plug-in or a bunch of similar VSTs.

typhon is great for bass, small, versatile, relatively cheap. hades seems nice. there are lots of options, as you’ve already heard. i don’t think you need to stick with analog or hardware to get where you want to go, though. good luck, and report back with some tracks!

1 Like

That’s what I thought too and why I asked the question.

Can’t speak for future garage sounds but the AS1 is a great sounding well equipped mono. Being essentially a Prophet 6 voice it’s got a classy and powerful sound.

1 Like

Just bought a used 1st gen Hades for quite cheap.

1 Like

I’m old, I think.
What’s a quintessential future garage artist/track?
AS-1 is versatile, and there’s just something about putting hands on the the filter and resonance knobs that nothing else (in my small collection) does.
There could definitely be something better for for your purpose - again, ppl, please share some future garage classics for me to expand my mind with…. 🫠

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I actually had one in my cart and was about to buy, but I pulled away because I got two DFAMS and a Mother32, that do bass so well.

I’m glad it’s sold out.

1 Like

Is that the Venus Theory that does YT videos?

He’s so versatile. He also helped Spitfire make Foghorn for LABS

what about the Minilogue XD? 4 voices, decent effects, beefy oscillators and an interesting filter, two drive levels, a sequencer, and the Korg SDK … in short, a fascinating machine with many faces

or, as mentioned the Minitaur, classic Moog-sound, simple but effective

at last … the Waldorf Pulse 2, many options - myriad of sounds, hard filter and brutal oscillators, if you are lucky you can find one used ~350 gbp