Bass synth

That’s what I thought too and why I asked the question.

Can’t speak for future garage sounds but the AS1 is a great sounding well equipped mono. Being essentially a Prophet 6 voice it’s got a classy and powerful sound.

1 Like

Just bought a used 1st gen Hades for quite cheap.

1 Like

I’m old, I think.
What’s a quintessential future garage artist/track?
AS-1 is versatile, and there’s just something about putting hands on the the filter and resonance knobs that nothing else (in my small collection) does.
There could definitely be something better for for your purpose - again, ppl, please share some future garage classics for me to expand my mind with…. 🫠

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

I actually had one in my cart and was about to buy, but I pulled away because I got two DFAMS and a Mother32, that do bass so well.

I’m glad it’s sold out.

1 Like

Is that the Venus Theory that does YT videos?

He’s so versatile. He also helped Spitfire make Foghorn for LABS

what about the Minilogue XD? 4 voices, decent effects, beefy oscillators and an interesting filter, two drive levels, a sequencer, and the Korg SDK … in short, a fascinating machine with many faces

or, as mentioned the Minitaur, classic Moog-sound, simple but effective

at last … the Waldorf Pulse 2, many options - myriad of sounds, hard filter and brutal oscillators, if you are lucky you can find one used ~350 gbp

Yes that’s him

1 Like

Thanks I didn’t realise that monologue did a desktop version so I will definitely look into that. I also didn’t know that Waldorf did any analogue synths I thought they were all modelling so I will definitely do some research into both of these

Norand Mono is a good one and in that price point used

for what it’s worth, burial doesn’t even use synths. his stuff’s all audio clips mangled in some janky editor. anyway, folks have mentioned lots of good options. see what works for you.

1 Like

Had some jams with the Hades tonight! Sorry nothing Burial-like (although would be well into that) but thought I’d share here in case it’s of interest :slight_smile: Posted another jam in the Current Sounds thread but I brought more of the juice out in this one!

2 Likes