Bandcamp Fridays

I think that might be by @pokk, maybe?

1 Like

Everything (except for their last album) is pay what you want on Cloudsā€™ bandcamp today!

First, shameless self-promotion:

Iā€™d be interested in hot tips on anything Tangerine Dreamesque or cool future garage

Youā€™re right.

2 Likes

Having to contact my bank because my card got blocked putting through all the transactions from my Bandcamp cartā€¦ againā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Stupid system, puts me off using Bandcamp TBH, Iā€™d rather buy a big cart in one go but not if it results in the hassle of having to contact my bank! Feels like the Bandcamp site could do with a big overhaulā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the share @mattp @spikysimon :nerd_face:

might get this

wish this was still available on vinyl

In one final, idiotic attempt at self-promotion, fin25 decided that the best day to give all his music away for free would be the very same day he stood to make the most money.

ā€œIā€™m not in it for the moneyā€, he said. The violin case full of shrapnel reflected the flickering florescent lights of the pedestrian tunnel into my eyes, begging to differ with what seemed a desperate cry for attention.
ā€œBut youā€™re busking in a puddle in the middle of the underground!ā€ I said. ā€œFor moneyā€, I added, incredulously.
I kicked the violin case quite hard, harder than Iā€™d intended.
ā€œThat moneyā€™s not for meā€ he said, ā€œitā€™s to distract the thieves from stealing my gearā€.
The yellowing bruise around his eye and piano keys smile suggested his decoy had not been entirely successful.
And yet he smiled. Despite the pain.
Despite the cold of the public corridor, the thieves, the beatings and everything else he had suffered he smiled the smile of a man pleased with both his lot and his surroundings.
I looked down and saw on his lap, clutched by the fingerless half of his gloves, he was holding an Octatrack.
ā€œNow I get itā€, I said, my thoughts now spilling from my beaming mouth.

ā€œNow I get it.ā€

5 Likes

A project mainly focused on the Octatrack w 0coast samples. Lots of asmr textures and unease.

2 Likes

Current plan - buy plaid remix album on touched.

Will update later as I usually end up buying more.

I definitely get the impression they were not a massive company before last year. I donā€™t know how much that has changed since then.

The buying multiple items thing is a pain, but I think itā€™s just how they have to process payments/orders from separate ā€œsellersā€. Iā€™m not sure how sites like Etsy (or even ebay?) deal with orders from multiple separate sellers but I assume it would have to be the same?

The other options would either be all sellers see everything you bought and have to work out which bits are theirs, or Bandcamp just totally separate the artists from customers and take on much more of a central/distribution-type role? Not sure what the answer is to be honest.

Thereā€™s definitely a lot of improvements that could be made, but Iā€™m honestly just glad the platform is as good as it is, Iā€™m happy to let them off a lot just for trying.

2 Likes

some music and a few sample packs, free download!

Yes my dude Super Klein is such a stomper! Those vocal shots are so smooooth and get me RIGHT in the GUT. Itā€™s the perfect onramp from anywhere, if I want to get INTO IT itā€™s Super Klein time!! PSA spooky shit releases are all like 2 quid! Well worth your pennies

In other news Blood Circus by Titus 12 has dropped and itā€™s a haze-laden sample-led dubby early hours half-dream of nodders:

Yup fair point, I was just annoyed at having to call my bank again to get my card unblocked :joy:. Itā€™s a great platform despite the issues. It just feels a bit of a shame that Iā€™ll have to buy as I go from now on rather than supporting artists a bit more by buying all on Fridays but itā€™s probably not that big a deal in all honesty!

1 Like

Do you do it on card directly or via Paypal? I always do it on Paypal, but still taking from my card and never had any issues? I think the bank will just see a stack of PP payments instead so might allow it?

1 Like

I guess I was thinking they could work out the total in your currency, take a single payment, then they distribute it to the individual stores. I guess this would make them a distributor, yeahā€¦ might incur some extra cost due to transaction fees etc and obviously the complexity of developing the system, so maybe not worthwhile if most users tend to buy one at a time!

1 Like

Good question - Iā€™m doing it on card directly, I donā€™t think I saw an option to check out a card with PayPal, only for single items? Could be wrong though, Iā€™ll check! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah - there is a tiny link in the footer to use Paypal! You then have to go through and authorise each one separately though. So itā€™s a bit of a pain either way :joy: All good though, I can use this to check out the last bit of my cart. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh yea, you donā€™t get off that easy! :wink:
Hopefully wont have your bank on your back though!

1 Like

Donā€™t get me started on the actual process of downloading all the music Iā€™ve just bought :joy: