Bad experience with AudioFanzine user

Hello to all,
Just wanted to share the experience I had yesterday while trying to buy a Tanzmaus second hand…
I finally found a Tanzmaus second hand on Audiofanzine. I get in touch with the user (Cosmogol).
Price tag was 420€ (have a screenshot of it).
I did not even try to bargain the price down.
The answer I get from the user is as follow:
“I advertised it at 420€ knowing I was going to ask more (550€).”
My answer was the following: “Well I don’t think this is a good practice and you should put the correct price in the ad.”
The answer I got from this nice guy is a list of personal racist and out of context insults that I will not take the time to translate… Though I reported this guy to AF.
Just wanted to share as I believe this is not a way to deal with the matter.
The search continues… :slight_smile:

10 Likes

That is absolutely awful. Thanks for flagging

3 Likes

Ouch, bad practice indeed.

I’ve been on Audiofanzine for a loooong time (2004 I think…? I was even part of the mods team for a moment…) and most peepz are nice guys doing smooth transactions. But nowadays, there are so many members that you’ll end up bumping into a c** or two, yeah.

4 Likes

Sad to hear. But you haven’t lost any money!

2 Likes

This is sad.
I’ve also been using Audiofanzine for ages and I think it’s a terrific website for tests, educational content and gear sale/purchase.
Maybe you should consider changing the title of this thread because it suggests Audiofanzine is responsible for the problem here, when it’s actually the bad behaviour of one of its users. They can’t account for all the assholes in the world. And I’m pretty sure they will do something to address the issue.
(FYI, I’m not linked to AF in any way, just a happy user of the website)

7 Likes

I agree but still, I will wait to see AF’s position on the matter as they are responsible to the extent of respecting certain moral rules :slight_smile:
But yes, as soon as they move on it, it will be changed.

2 Likes

Long time user and I never had issues on my side.
Also never seen someone raising a second hand price after you get in touch with him/her, on any website. This is not AF fault, it’s just a dumb seller or a crook.

3 Likes

Now it’s 540€ negociable ^^

2 Likes

I bought countless second hands gear on Audiofanzine, never encountered this behavior. There is even a third party system to secure the sales. It’s a nice place, I’ve been there since ~2003, I guess you lack of chance and or encouneterd a scammer

2 Likes

Why would you “advertise” something for a low price like that and then like it up? Like, hows that going to help you sell it?

3 Likes

No comment…

I also find the AF site quite nice and the interactions (apart from around Behringer) are generally pleasant. This is where I found my Digitakt and met a user who gave their best to manage delivery problems. So helpful that he gave me back a little confidence with the human.
To come back to this Tanzmaus at the polymorphic price, it’s its greasy dust with a few hairs that would scare me (more than the ridiculous price).

I hate speculation (in general) on instruments (in particular).

1 Like

I’ve had all the MFB stuff and sold them all… Tanzbar v1 was the best… I prefer the Novation Drum Station rack for 808/909 sounds and they’re cheaper.
Up to you what you need but I found Tanzmaus a pain :+1:

I see you have there other advertiser for Tanzmaus at 350e…but I imagine you are already in contact…

I’ve had some bad experiences in AF with some users, but usually is ok.
Good luck in your research!

1 Like

I have ended up lodging an official complaint for fraud :slight_smile:

Good luck with that.
AF is not responsible for people’s bad behavior, especially when there was no transaction.

Just get over it and forget this stupid guy.

I’ve been on AF for 15 years, buying and selling stuff there, and only once I felt a bit crooked because the 220V wire of a “brand new” DC10 had been “repaired” with tape.

And I once tried to buy an OTO Biscuit advertised at 600€, the guy was ok then suddenly it was not available, then he ask me 100€+.
Some people have no honor, spit on their grave.

Btw, stores can be unpleasant as well: I recently bought two 120€ Samson patchbays on Audio System website, order was confirmed and payment was accepted.
A few hours later, they contacted me to ask me 50€ that a bug in the system had forgotten to add to my bill :man_facepalming:
I asked for a commercial gesture to solve it the fine way, and they offered me 3,38€!
I thus asked for the items I had payed to the price displayed, so they cancelled the order without further notice.
I contacted the fraud authorities.

7 Likes

Not my cup of tea.

Yeah, IMHO it is a bit unfair to blame AF for the behaviour of this guy

1 Like

But a hell of a title.

3 Likes

Not really a hell of a title…
Just a title… Changed :slight_smile:

2 Likes