Axoloti

Thanks @spacelordmother and thanks for the links too :+1:

anybody here ever seen an axoloti used for video synthesis?

iā€™m searching now but donā€™t see anything

Thatā€™s useful thanks

@spacelordmother How do I add the libraries?

You have to update your libraries from inside the patcher:

Those sites are just a separately maintained database of the available objects. The object search in patcher is case sensitive, so if you canā€™t find something thatā€™s probably why.

1 Like

I did try that but it did not seem to update, some objects are still missing from the community demos, eg:

Given that I only installed it a few days ago I thought that all the required libraries for the community demos would be included, so when I got these object not found messages I tried the sync libraries but still not found the objects.

That wonā€™t here either. Maybe he didnā€™t upload that object to his repo? If I search in the patcher I can find 2 identical (on quick look) objects called ā€œsebti.ā€ Not sure why this wouldnā€™t load if it was the same though.

1 Like

Ahh, thanks for checking - so you reckon my libraries are up to date? I cross referenced a few random ones and they seem present, is there a way to see most recently added?

If you ran a sync from the patcher then I would assume so. I donā€™t know of a way to check latest in a list, but browsing the contributor threads on the forum should show you what they have posted most recently to search for.

1 Like

I tried to replace that object with the one from the patcher and it seems to be the same, the red top one still stayed on the screen but the replacement appeared in the patch with all the cables, I ran out of time for tonight though. So maybe the patch just had an earlier version when it was created.

Thanks again for the help :+1:

1 Like

I get phantom red objects sometimes, to be replaced with good ones properly patched.
Need to save and close and reopen to clear out from the patcher (as there can be undeleteables too).

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the start of my first Axoloti build, this one is just a prototyping platform with 15 pots and 3 buttons, I might add a oled later. The idea is to prototype on this then build dedicated context specific enclosure for whatever I come up with. I plan on getting a few more boards to add functions to existing gear too, Iā€™ll post any progress and the patches if anyone wants them.

8 Likes

Might want to alter that from 15 dials.
Just think what 16 could do / be adapted for

4x4 2x8
1x16
Sequencing becomes a bit more familiar / midi mapper easier to read/ map in the head
3x5 isnā€™t very general use imo.

Obviously depends how cramped the internals are

Iā€™m going to guess heā€™s saving 2 GPIO pins for the addition of an OLED screen. :wink:

20 total - 15 pots - 3 buttons = 2 needed for a screen.

Yeah unfortunately there are only 15 analog inputs unless using extra circuitry, and yeah I left the SDA and SCL for the OLED, I figure that for extra pots I can use a midi controller.

I have not yet wired it all up as ran out of time today, but I did print some labels to make patching a bit easier.

Quite looking forward to actually making some patches next :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks nice!

1 Like

All wired up and label tidied up a bit, gotta love the typo :joy: Pro-toy-ping!

Next time Iā€™d put the A pots at the top, A+B in the middle and C at the bottom as it makes more sense to have them appear in the same order as the patcher, but it will do for now. I could just reprint the labels and move the wires but as I spent too much time on this already Iā€™ll just wait until the screen arrives and completely redo the top panel.

2 Likes

The typo actually looks like a deliberate gag :laughing:

Got my OLED today, it was quite easy to get it working, cool!

4 Likes

Beautiful design !
I really need to learn how to solder. :thinking:
I can code but the last job i did on my SQ80 was ā€¦ terrible.

1 Like