Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

just getting 288 errors and no received kits, patterns, or songs. I’ve tried setting the tick delay to 14, swapping M.I.D.I. cables, and sending from 3 separate devices.

I’ve been able to backup my existing snapshots and receive user waveforms in the past but now I can’t seem to get anything transferring. I just wanna play with these so bad!

I’m doing this right now :smiley:

Some really tasty stuff in the monomachine syx file! Nice techniques in there, like using a slow random arp and/or HOLD LFO on chord settings to generate semi-random chords, as well as some very interesting “fractured” reverb stuff going on, can’t wait to figure out how they did that!

9 Likes

YES. Keep the takeaways coming!

If it’s possible somehow, some explanations in the video would be great :slight_smile:
Damn, I wish I bought the silver duo at some point :slight_smile:
(I instantly checked ebay prices when I saw this thread, haha)

1 Like

No time for explanations! Even blazing through the patterns took about 30min. I’m tempted to do a deconstruction video of some of the more interesting patterns but that’ll take some time. Maybe a stream this weekend…

Video should be up at the following location in a matter of minutes:

36 Likes

Would be awesome. Take your time, no hurry :wink:
Thanks in advance for the video :slight_smile:

1 Like

the whole of B and E banks were always ace, great to see here they were never songs but sections built up live, reacting to audience. fascinating to realise parts i thought might be elektron were actually coming from nord/mpc. (i always loved the deep bass line that came in on the B bank track, maybe it’s there, theres a few sounds ready to be bought in and when you start modulating…, or the set evolved during its run and this is the sysex they started with)

there’ll be a slew of people recording the machines as is but it’ll never capture what they did live, + samples aren’t carried via sysex. I’m more (and i’d hope Ae are) excited to hear new interpretations come from this.

5 Likes

yeah this is very true. I see this as an insight into some of their sound design ideas though, it’s a lot closer in sound to the more recent stuff than I expected tbh.

I notice they also played with extreme gain staging in places, something I’ve been experimenting with lately (and I’ve also noticed, it’s probably how they did things like the noise at the end of The Trees).

1 Like

Some great use of the much-maligned MnM reverb in there.

3 Likes

If someone gets the Machinedrum stuff up and running could they post a quick video of it? Would be really interesting in hearing what those patterns sound like!

1 Like

well well well

it’s a good thing I bought a MM just two months ago
Already had the MDUW. This should be fun

Does the sysex for the machinedrum UW contain any sample data normally ?

Quite possibly. It’s slightly bigger than the MM files

Although if it does can’t possibly be much

The MD file is whopping 777 KB in total

Just found this:

2 Likes

I have got mixed feeling.
I love so much this live

that I always expected it could be release one day.

Now I know they will never release it…
On the other side, I got a MD and a MNM so I will be able to learn a lot from them and that’s cool!

Why?

They know that their fan love this live and asked a lot for it. I think that they didn’t record it, instead they decided to release the sysex.

ok. But that’s only speculating :slight_smile:

Maybe they talk about it on the watmm thread AAA

but I don’t remmeber

Wow! thanks for the share