Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

6 Likes

I just took my Machinedrum out the other day and went to go grab the files off bleep and they were saint elsewhere. Thanks for the links!

Hello! Would anyone be able to share these files again? Especially the ones for the Monomachine and Machinedrum? Please and THANK YOU!!

1 Like

The WT links no longer work. Here are the files hosted on archive.org
Ae2008LivePatches directory listing

14 Likes

thank you so much!

anyone sampled any of the mm/md sounds to share?

2 Likes

I am a couple of years late to the party,… Any chance you share me the package again!?
Thank you!!

Of course, you can find here: Ae2008LivePatches directory listing

“I’m a horse…” cit. Sean :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply!! Super excited to load the sysex on my MD!

Hey, just re-upping this to echo @szzdz’s question about anyone having sampled the sounds from this kit to share?

Over the weekend me and a friend made a realtime multiplayer step-sequencer/drum machine thing. You can play with it here.
https://partycore.labs.partykit.dev/rooms/1999

It’s real simple, but being able to control the loop start and end points for each track with a slider in realtime (and doing that with a dozen or so others at the same time) quickly creates some pretty complex and fluid polyrhythmic stuff. You can read more about how it’s made here if you’re interested Partycore (everything’s better at 140bpm)

Anyway I’ve been listening to people jam on it together for a few days, and it made me think it could be a fun referential project to spin up a version with some classic Autechre sounds.

So has anyone sampled the patches from the Sysex files?

1 Like

there;s not much to sample really unless you mean the whole loop/groove, in which case there’s youtube videos with everything up. or each track individually?

the sounds are basic (but very nice) MD/MnM sounds, most the magic came from the live performances where lots of changes would be made.
would other peoples live parameter changes still be Ae?

1 Like