Autechre MD+MnM sysex files! [+ MPC, Nord]

I know, right. Someone get the poor man a drink!

2 Likes

it just shows me how the tool in the right hands can do amazing things.
inspiring and a little upsetting…i thought my boxes where broken cuz they never made any good tunes.

turns out…once again…it was just user error. ha ha ha ha…dang

9 Likes

Autechre just put out a teaching tool that’s more effective than a thousand pages of compiled user tips. Explore at your own pace, reverse engineer, tweak, absorb lessons by osmosis. So incredibly generous. I love when Autechre deigns to give us a peek behind the curtains - there are always vast worlds to explore.

6 Likes

I’m curious what you mean by this. What were some routing examples you learned from the factory presets? I may go through them myself…

Well said! I guess my point was that, up until now, I’ve mostly stuck to reading the manual, reading compiled tips for the MD on these forums and trying to muddle through applying them myself, and watching a few youtube tutorials for specific techniques. All wonderful, indispensable resources, but not nearly as visceral and ready to play with as this, which makes a big difference in learning. I never really thought about digging into the factory patches, my limited imagination I suppose! (Generally speaking, one of the first things I do when I get my hands on a new machine is ignore the factory content, lol)

Apparently going into MD’s A/B inputs.
Which means you need MD and MnM ?

1 Like

(Almost off-topic: I kind of lost track of Autechre’s output over the last, um, decade. I just went and bought some of the recent stuff from their web store as a thank you to them for posting the MD and MM files. :clap: )

18 Likes

this is like MiniDisc on roids!

@sezare56 saw the MM out into MD. gonna see what thats like.
theres some midi stuff setup too.

3 Likes

this is incredible. I have a couple MD only tracks, but could never get it so dynamic sounding. I’ll definitely be tearing apart these patterns

I think it was on that WATTMM thread that they said the two machines had been boxed up for awhile.

They probably did this to move them at a profit :wink:

Today I tried again and it just magically worked like @torabi said it would! Stoked to start uncovering some Autechre sound design!

3 Likes

thanks, sounds great. Does the md sysex contain any user samples? or is was AE md just the non uw? cant remember

if uw and what about use of the ram machines?

cheers

Where’s the other half?

I could listen to G1 on MnM all night, it’s so simple but the hold LFO’s on the Ensembles tuning makes it epic!

Ha yeah that really threw me. I thought “how are the chords changing?!”… it all seems so tonal as well, some really amazing stuff going on there.

Soooo good Autechre MD masterclass hey Nauts you check the levels of some tracks… is micro and sound incredible Big Respect and looking to the Autechre Bitstream 3x files. Joking but I now this guys use it live mapping MNM and MD

1 Like

Worth remembering when we hear comments about how effects are unusable on some boxes.

It all comes down to ideas, and this isn’t a revelation.

14 Likes

Loaded into my MnM and MD. It works!
I am Autechre now.

15 Likes

We are all Autechre.

15 Likes

Whoa. Been keeping my head down lately so thanks for the heads up.

3 Likes