Australian gear price explosion

Definitely weird, they would have paid the old price for these units and not an inflated price from the distributor…AUD is gaining ground again, yet prices are still up there…I’m starting to change my opinion on the gouging…?

Holy shit the OP-1’s going for $2500. DFAM’s going for $1550. That’s it I’m officially priced out until this shit calms down

If you are willing to wait…

It was probably me :joy:

So MPC one is in now $1350 AUD. W in the actual F is going on. Everything has gone up 300$ or more.

I’d say that I want to be back home in NY/NJ but considering the lush life here in the far north coast and the situation over there right now, I think I’m good.

1 Like

I live in the US and have followed this thread with a great deal of interest.

Here, so far, i’d say the effect on prices (of synth gear) has been neutral, or even perhaps slightly deflationary. Quite a few places are running sales. Certainly nothing like the dramatic increases in prices you all have been seeing.

Also there has been diverging opinions in the business press of what will happen next in the US, That is why i’ve been so interested to read about what is happening to your market. Showing here the exchange rate to the US dollar, and while it’s bounced a lot recently, it’s floated back not terribly far from the one year exchange rate.

One Month Exchange Australian to US Dollar

One Year Exchange Australian to US Dollar

Hard to judge what is coming next.

2 Likes

That’s a nice deal.
Got to be $1k less than I paid.

I have a friend working at Mannys. Texting recently told me that they’re doing way more business online now than ever before including Christmas. Says he’s never been busier.

1 Like

Saw an akeys at djstore-djcity on special at 1600 last week, sold pretty fast.

2 Likes

Digitone keys currently on sale in Australia.

1 Like

Well F~^k me.
I was about to put some synths this morning on eBay and noticed that the dumb asses at Mannys woke up to themselves.
Not as bad a deal now…
I think it’s the same thing @Cosmic mentioned just above

1 Like

Yeah mannys/storedj have had the AK on special for a week or two now. Clearing out old stock I guess. Everything else is still stupid money.

I’m not putting my AK on eBay now. Doubt I’ll get a sale with 1300 start bid

Have you tried aussie wigglers facebook group? Lots of elektron heads on there. Also, I have always had great success with gumtree.
Best of luck mate.

1 Like

What’s Facebook :joy:
This is the only forum I’m on.
Btw my AK, nord A1 and Subsequent37 are listed here :wink:

2 Likes

Why are you selling this darling?

Because my setup is three keyboards, two monosynths, a piano, a drum machine and a sampler. The AK (and other things) just didn’t fit in. Literally, there’s just no room.

1 Like

Just looked and the DT is retailing for 1750. Huh???

Second hand prices seem to be out of control!

Some shill Bayer trying to sell an asr10 for 3000.

I picked one up a few weeks ago for $750. Great deal !
Cheaper than the asrx on eBay for 1k.

Apparently all samplers have a lo fi hip hop tax.

Good luck with that shit!