Australian gear price explosion

Boom! Was saving for a modal cycles that came out of the gate at $550.00AUD when they launched…

Just checked Store DJ and all gear prices have jumped massively. The cycles is now $700.00AUD!!!

ARmkii is now over three and a half grand!!!

Add new found mass unemployment to this and gear sales in Australia are about to take a steep decline…

Damn, sell my Rytm for big profits

1 Like

Wow… feeling VERY lucky that I picked up DT for 1139 and DN for 1099 just last week! Usually it’s the other way around and the price drops right after I buy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeh my gear is all still under warrenty…maybe its time to short the gear market…this is off the hook…

1 Like

Holy shit when i bought my OT in 2015 from storedj it was $1700. Over 3 grand now. Ouch.

1 Like

I’m confused or naive… can you buy from a US or European store? Our prices have dropped in the US if you ask for a discount…

1 Like

:rofl: you haven’t seen the shipping prices… Australia is a long way from anywhere, plus customs taxes etc

Plus its the aussie dollar being worthless now. That’s the issue.

3 Likes

Wonder if this is going to happen with all imported stuff not just music gear
because of everything going on…

Try djcity - I often find them to be cheaper than storedj.

3 Likes

I’ll buy from sweetwater.com and ship it for $50 shipping cost

2 Likes

Even including shipping and poor exchange rate, Perfect Circuit and others are a far better option. :+1:

3 Likes

Fair enough! We really do get ripped off here huh!

Do we get hit with an import tax if buying from Sweetwater etc of is it $299.00 usd plus $50.00usd shipping?

Yeah customs attack anything over 1000 AUD

2 Likes

“Hey Dad, Storedj has an octatrack says he wants $3,149…”

images

18 Likes

Global logistics is pretty much fcuked at the moment (Border restrictions, grounded fleets etc). Add manufacturing shutdowns to that and it’s pretty safe to say that luxury goods will become scarcer for a while. Anyone who still wants them will have to pay extra if retailers are to avoid operating at a loss.

3 Likes

The whole economy right now is completely broken! Thanks to the corona virus outbreak and the Russians and Saudi-Arabia finding it necessary to start a oil price war at the same time as the pandemic.

Here in Norway prices have sky-rocketed as well. Everything has become over 20-30% more expensive overnight.

So right now sadly. Just don’t buy any gear and wait it out till things settle down. You would be a fool to buy stuff right now at these prices. Won’t make any sense.

Lot of the factories are still closed anyway, so there is a shortage of gear no matter what. This will affect prices as well, as shops will now try to abuse the situation to price gauge customers.
One online store here immediately raised prices on existing stock as well (which is downright nasty). My local store still sells existing stock at old price and only increased on new stock. As how it should be.

So just focus on your family for the time being. Smell the fresh air each day. Just only buy the necessities (like food, etc) and sit it out.

2 Likes

Seen in another post 2 weeks ago you hail from Northern Rivers…nice one, we just bought a house (Good timing) in Mullumbimby, but have been living in The Pocket and Ocean Shores…nice part of the globe

1 Like

Nice!! Yah, grew up in Rosebank but stuck in Brisbane at the moment- can’t wait to move back down there!

1 Like

Yes it looks like this.
Inflation is going to hit all of us big time.

1 Like