Audiothingies Doctor A

Might be wrong but looks like the on/off switches act like send switches? So the tails still go on after turning it off which is good for dub style effects. Can anyone confirm?

Will do ASAP :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can

3 Likes

Hi, I can record some of the effects. What modes/effects and type of synth sounds would you be interested in?

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

I’m especially interested in classic and spacey delay modes. Also hall a and concert hall reverb modes.

A simple lead or bassline like saw osc with filter resonance turned up would be cool. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I just recorded and uploaded two files on Soundcloud: the first one for the Classic and Spacey delay (with a bit of Medium A reverb), and the second one with the Hall and Concert hall reverbs.

Bassline (saw osc with filter turned up, no internal fx) from A4Mk2, Doctor A as a send effect (with kill dry selected) on Model 1 (no filters/EQ), recorded with H4n on the main stereo outs.

Within each section, I play with feedback/decay, modulation, level, filters; in the first file, I also modulate the amount of delay sent to the reverb.

Delays Classic and Spacey + Reverb Medium A

Reverbs Hall A and Concert Hall

Edit: Headphones strongly recommended…

4 Likes

Wow, thanks! Awesome :wink:

It has so much character, the modulation sounds great. I’m really impressed. Definitely gonna get one.

Had to decide between Timefactor and Doctor A (I know how the Timefactor sounds from my H9), the Doc A wins for me.
Especially the modulation sounds amazing.

Thx again!

2 Likes

Thanks! I would normally use it more subtly :wink: , but I really think it brings the dry sounds to life. The knobs invite to play with the parameters, and I especially like the hp and lp filters, and also the way the delay feedback alters the sound while remaining quite controllable.

2 Likes

Mine is on its way.
Ordered it last night.
Samuel from Audiothingies was very fast and communication was straight forward.
Went for the PCB version.
Listening (again and again) at the same YT review/demo tell me I am not going to regret this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great piece of reverb and delay.
It’s got rich tones, the 8/12 bit thing makes it glorious.
Bought at the same time with a second hand SPX990 for more traditional reverb/delay.
Been playing all afternoon with AS-1 and Doctor A.
So nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Would you mind if I post your demo in another forum?

1 Like

No, of course not… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I compared it with oto bim, oto bam, strymon volante and nightsky and empress reverb (have too many pedals i know). I prefer the warmer sound coming from the otos and strymons. The delay and reverb coming from the dr A are very clean, if that is what you like!

1 Like

How do you assign cv to the knobs? Manual says " To assign a parameter, press and hold CV1 or CV2 button and simply turn the knob you wish to assign."
Which one are the CV1 and CV2 buttons?

Look at the table just above your quoted phrase in the manual

1 Like

Isn’t that for the system settings? Or do you also assign CV from the system settings? Or am I looking at the wrong table? Sry, really can’t find it.

Use Function button CV1 and CV2, while in system settings, otherwise it won’t work

2 Likes

Thx.

I finally bought a Doc A. Man…this thing is just awesome! Of course it’s great to have nice knobs and all, but the sound…! :drooling_face:
Can’t get enough of the spacey delay and bouncy reverb^^ :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

What’s up with the stock ? Is it the last batch ?