At least 6 line in Audio/midi interface recommendations

I have Motu 828es with active warranty for sale for 650eur. DM if you’re interested.

Soudcraft signature 12 mtk, fader, eq and send as a bonus, standalone or pc friendly, cheap and clean.

you said you have a Macbook Pro. does it have Thunderbolt? if so, you can get a used RME Fireface 400 for within your 350-400 gbp budget. you’ll just need to pickup either a dock or a firewire to Thunderbolt conversion dongle.

the reason I suggest RME isn’t just excellent converters and reliability. their drivers are rock solid. my 2009 iMac is still working perfectly with a Fireface 800.

Looks good but I need midi in/out as well :slight_smile:

Just got one of these and extremely impressed with it.

Thanks but that’s a bit out of my budget

They look REALLY good but a tad pricy. I like that they’re compact with tons of ins and outs

1 Like

Actually much cheaper used! Very interesting, thanks

1 Like

I have been using mine (Ultralite Mk3) for 4+ years now.
Not a single crash (mac os 10.12).
I often set up a “mix” (CueMix, which has a bit of a learning curve - better through a web interface on MK4 - but then again you get multiple bus(8), a very nice reverb and a LC-2A optical compressor/Limiter… and a very nice british style EQ) with the interface connected to laptop then once done I just unplug the interface, turn the laptop OFF and GO :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! I actually had no idea that my usb-c ports were also thunderbolt compatible. Thanks for the recommendation

As @chiasticon said also RME very good :slight_smile:
If you are under Mac, either one will get you there.
Not sure though RME has 10 physical outputs and 8 inputs :slight_smile:

Me too, suddenly with the pc I use the A4 in USB as a midi interface
to Digitakt and digitakt to TD3 and Monologue.
A keystep enters the A4 to go on him or any other at noon.
And without PC, the same except that the A4 becomes midi master.
otherwise, a small midi interface with 4 or 5 ports is available for + - 50 €.

what about it?

I picked up a nearly new UL Mk3 not too long ago on ebay for £225.

1 Like

Well, I just upgraded from a Emu 1616m Pcie card with a Behringer Ada8200 to this Roland unit. I have had the Emu card for nearly 20 years and it still works Perfectly but the behringer slowly died over 4 years. I decided I wasnt getting another behringer and after looking at used and new gear I decided to just give up on my old card and adat preamps entirely. After more searching, I found the Roland unit and couldn’t find a bad word about it on the web so decided to take a chance. I have had it 4 days and its like a revelation, the preamps are really clean and clear and latency is better than my pcie card and it just solved every issue I ever had with my old setup :grin: all for a little bit more than a mid grade 8ch adat, that’s why Im impressed with it :+1:

3 Likes

it seems you really like it. kool to see someone happy with some piece of gear

Yup the Studio Capture is rock-solid on Windows. I used two a few years ago, with one solely for the DSI Tempest. The Roland VS-Streaming USB drivers are very stable.

Used, they go for ~$500. Can’t beat 16 inputs with 12 preamps for that price.

And there’s this recent, similar thread.

1 Like