At least 6 line in Audio/midi interface recommendations

Looks good! Didn’t know about those either. Thanks!!

RME is def out of budget so now I’m hesitating between focusrite 8i6 which exactly what I’m after specs wise, price, size and budget… or stretch it a bit and got with a bit more expensive and more options I might need in the future.

I’m trying to get into a new workflow so I don’t want to spend too much in case it doesn’t suit me. Make the rough beat on the mpc with just filter and EQ to toy with so I don’t get distracted with fancy fx. One I have something I like, I record it live in Ableton using 6 ins and then use fancy plugins like saturators, verbs, sidechain, stereo imager, etc etc.

I have a bit of time before my mpc 1K arrives (from Japan) so I’ll dig around a bit more.
Thanks everyone for your help!!!

A second hand MOTU UltraLite Mk3/MK4 would be a good choice as these can work standalone :slight_smile:

I have Motu 828es with active warranty for sale for 650eur. DM if you’re interested.

Soudcraft signature 12 mtk, fader, eq and send as a bonus, standalone or pc friendly, cheap and clean.

you said you have a Macbook Pro. does it have Thunderbolt? if so, you can get a used RME Fireface 400 for within your 350-400 gbp budget. you’ll just need to pickup either a dock or a firewire to Thunderbolt conversion dongle.

the reason I suggest RME isn’t just excellent converters and reliability. their drivers are rock solid. my 2009 iMac is still working perfectly with a Fireface 800.

Looks good but I need midi in/out as well :slight_smile:

Just got one of these and extremely impressed with it.

Thanks but that’s a bit out of my budget

They look REALLY good but a tad pricy. I like that they’re compact with tons of ins and outs

1 Like

Actually much cheaper used! Very interesting, thanks

1 Like

I have been using mine (Ultralite Mk3) for 4+ years now.
Not a single crash (mac os 10.12).
I often set up a “mix” (CueMix, which has a bit of a learning curve - better through a web interface on MK4 - but then again you get multiple bus(8), a very nice reverb and a LC-2A optical compressor/Limiter… and a very nice british style EQ) with the interface connected to laptop then once done I just unplug the interface, turn the laptop OFF and GO :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! I actually had no idea that my usb-c ports were also thunderbolt compatible. Thanks for the recommendation

As @chiasticon said also RME very good :slight_smile:
If you are under Mac, either one will get you there.
Not sure though RME has 10 physical outputs and 8 inputs :slight_smile:

Me too, suddenly with the pc I use the A4 in USB as a midi interface
to Digitakt and digitakt to TD3 and Monologue.
A keystep enters the A4 to go on him or any other at noon.
And without PC, the same except that the A4 becomes midi master.
otherwise, a small midi interface with 4 or 5 ports is available for + - 50 €.

what about it?

I picked up a nearly new UL Mk3 not too long ago on ebay for £225.

1 Like

Well, I just upgraded from a Emu 1616m Pcie card with a Behringer Ada8200 to this Roland unit. I have had the Emu card for nearly 20 years and it still works Perfectly but the behringer slowly died over 4 years. I decided I wasnt getting another behringer and after looking at used and new gear I decided to just give up on my old card and adat preamps entirely. After more searching, I found the Roland unit and couldn’t find a bad word about it on the web so decided to take a chance. I have had it 4 days and its like a revelation, the preamps are really clean and clear and latency is better than my pcie card and it just solved every issue I ever had with my old setup :grin: all for a little bit more than a mid grade 8ch adat, that’s why Im impressed with it :+1:

3 Likes

it seems you really like it. kool to see someone happy with some piece of gear

Yup the Studio Capture is rock-solid on Windows. I used two a few years ago, with one solely for the DSI Tempest. The Roland VS-Streaming USB drivers are very stable.

Used, they go for ~$500. Can’t beat 16 inputs with 12 preamps for that price.

And there’s this recent, similar thread.

1 Like