ARYTM MKI OVERBRIDGE status Measuring..

nope nothing… contacted elektron, but no response so far.

Well that’s a PITA just got back into studio and same problem after installing official release on main RIG. Wind10 latest………………….measuring (RYTM mk1)

Solved: plugged into wrong USB port

1 Like

have all with problems in this thread already tried this: (already mentioned here)

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-12-public-beta-au-plugins-stability-improvements/88798/47?u=nionmu

it helped me once, when my A4 was stuck at measurement…

nope , no difference. measuring. Working fine on the zbook (idle) but my main system is not picking it up. Just don’t understand it.

update: duuuuh!! wrong bloody USB port! working again. This lockdown has taken its toll on my patience.

was about to buy an AR MKI again since I’ve missed it so much but reading this thread is making me think twice. I haven’t been keeping up on what functionality has been added to OB but is it possible to use it just as a plugin for control & programming but use the individual analog outputs for audio?

It was my error (wrong USB port). Analog RYTM MK1 working fine with overbridge. Although I still don’t use Overbridge for audio just project recall. I use Analog outs and have a much better time with sync etc.

Overbridge is great to unlock and recall the units with a DAW.

1 Like

perfect, thanks!

I had this problem a few weeks ago with OB 2.0.

I have A4 and RYTM mk1 and I find overbridge a little finicky to get both working at the same time. I use Overhub with the original red elektron USB cables for both. I also have 4 other USB devices connected to Overhub. With my setup there are two instances where I get the “measuring” error and I will explain how I fixed them.

1. I have to alternate/swap out which ports the rytm is plugged in to week to week. Until I find a combination that works. I can’t explain why this happens. I have a USB interface, two cdj’s, and a push2 connected as well. They all work in any of the ports, but rytm (and sometimes a4) will only work in certain ones.

2. Start up sequence. I realized I was turning RYTM on first and it would just sit at “measuring” no matter what. Then I switched and I turn on A4 first wait for it to say idle and then turn on RYTM. Then poof ! Worked.

I’ve had them running solid for a few weeks now. I previously had 1.15 running for a few years successfully, but similar little nuances in how you connect things would impact it. I will also comment that it seems the USB is not “hot pluggable” when OB is running. I’ve had a few instances where I crashed my laptop unplugging the USB while the machines were turned on. Just a little something to look out for !

1 Like

fired up OB 2 for the first time with my Rytm MK1 today and a dialogue box told me i should not be using analogue audio and should only stream audio via OB when using OB. do you ignore this without any problems? i wonder what the reason for this is.

Well i fully Ignore it but perhaps it negatively affects the earths core.

In the stanadalone overbridge setup window for RYTM i only select the kick as an output and nothing else. Also leave it at 16bit (as not using the audio)

When you load up overbridge in your daw you can just treat that instrument track as project sync. Then just add midi tracks to link to RYTMs midi.

1 Like

nice, will mess around with that.

You need to enable the AK outputs in the Overbridge/Control Panel

1 Like

I found it was because of my USB cables.