I’m on V8. I have loads of Arturia hardware and software and my upgrade price is 299 euros.
Absolutely zero chance of me being tempted to buy at that price.
I’m on V8. I have loads of Arturia hardware and software and my upgrade price is 299 euros.
Absolutely zero chance of me being tempted to buy at that price.
Same. V8, Pigments etc - 299$
I’ll wait for a sale $199 is pretty pricey when I could buy Ableton 12 suite upgrade for less.
The upgrade price seems to be somewhat random. I own Acid and Minifreak. I’m getting an upgrade price of $99 from V9.
The other thing in the Arturia cycle is that they also usually release a new instrument very shortly after the new version, so it’s actually:
So you CAN get the ‘upgrade’ at 99 the next black friday, it WILL NOT contain that new instrument since it wasn’t out for that bundle version, but it will be in the next bundle version, release right after the black friday thing, at 299.
This is why I’m kind of ‘off’ it --> it’s clearly a release scheme designed to nickle and dime me, and disappoints me on multiple levels.
The 299 though is new; historically it’s been 199, which I’d still not do, but 299 is actually kind of ‘hahahaha. wow. arrogant much?’
I’ve been trying to see what they are going to offer me for an upgrade but I haven’t been able to access the log in page for nearly an hour. Seems everyone is doing the same
Edit: finally got in, $199. Not worth it for now. Maybe blackfriday next year.
good analysis, i think you are right!
really, have you compared them?
I definitely feel this too, having recently upgraded to Live Suite. The vintage recreations of the V Collection as well as Cherry Audio’s stuff all have an undeniable charm, but I’ve realized there’s so much I can do with just Drift and Operator, never mind Fors synths or Meld…
All this is to say I’ll probably upgrade to VC X at some point (presumably when I get an offer I can’t pass up), but Ableton has been an interesting GAS killer for me lately.
I reckon me and @inmazevo have got the measure of the marketing deparment in ArturiaLand!
This “Intro offer” is clearly not going to be the best offer, it’s designed to get active and enthusiastics to part with their cash at the excitement of a new thing. I kinda like the Augmented Series as it happens. The more Arturia do that, the less I want to use NI, so there is a benefit in some ways to someone doing sampled instruments that way. But yeah. For now, it’s a no. If that price comes down significantly, it’s a maybe.
Otherwise, get saving for V Collection 11 which by this reading will be out in April 2025.
Yes. I have both. Of course the settings will be different against each patch. I’m used to going off a preset and building a patch from that point. I have a lot of hours on model 72 and it definitely feels close to it.
Totally random. Have the same and it’s 199 for me.
You’re probably correct, but there’s something about MiniFreak that I really like over Pigments. MiniFreak feels more focussed and streamlined than Pigments to me.
its 99 for me. probably wont get better than that?
To be fully honest Arturia usually send me an email somewhere else in the year saying I can get the upgrade cheaper @ 99 and I did that once at some point, and my initial crossgrade to v-collection at all was also via an email and it was @ 69… that’s been a few years.
So I’m relatively sure I’ll be able to get ‘X’ at 99 sometime this year, though maybe it’ll be 199 and I’ll pass it by.
The most frustrating part historically was that before I figured out their update cycle I kept updating plugins in the ‘Software Center’ which always invalidates my product activations and is usually just for making things work with the new version of analog lab, which I don’t use.
Now I just stop updating the plugins and I’m good.
huh this i don’t understand. whats wrong with regularly updating in the software center?
It invalidates my activations every time, and in many cases the updates merely contain things like 'support for analog lab v[whatever] that’s been updated to support a new plugin I don’t have.
Of course there are some things that I would like to get in the updates. I just tire of re-activating on update.
Updates are good. I like updates.
Broken update management not good. I don’t like broken update management.
ok intersting, it never invalidates mine.
Hahaha. Every arturia plugin I have almost wants me to update today (I actually DID update everything a couple of weeks ago when I upgraded to FX Collection 4). Might get this set of them; some good stuff in it.
My most recent NI update notification was literally for ‘adding a Kontakt 7 upgrade link to Kontakt 6’ – hahaha; f-off NI
I really want Acid and Minifreak. Wish mine was 99 and I’d get it instantly.
Definitely sounds like something to follow up with support about. I’ve never had this issue; Arturia Software Center has probably been the best-behaved install manager I use.