Arturia V Collection 7

My upgrade price was $99

1 Like

OK! So I’ve been double-quarantined due to a voluntary survey on nicotine (Swedish ‘snus’).
I’m in a hospital bed 6 hours a day trying out different bags of nicotine concoctions while they take loads of blood samples - been here a week now, yes it’s a super weird experience.

ANYWAY, I thought I would take up on Arturia’s offer they’ve had with the 50% off and a 50€ coupon and installment option. I couldn’t bring any hardware so I’ve just been ITB for this whole week.

IT SOUNDS SO GOOD OMG. All these sounds I’ve been trying to make on my AK, and on my Prophet 08 when I still had it - they’re there in an instant. The presets alone have inspired me to make music more than I’ve felt for the last 6 months. Can’t wait til I get home and have a proper keyboard to play with. I mean the buchla easel, such an inspring, weird synth to get to learn!? And the default preset on the P5!? I’ve been doing hospitalized Pink Floyd stuff for days now! Just wanted to share this, can’t recommend this collection enough! :smiley:

6 Likes

It really is the most value for ones money. Especially when Arturia does their discounts.

I got a discount coupon with one of my Minibrutes years ago for V Collection 4 and went for it. For years I didn’t really use it until last december they had a good discount to upgrade to version 7. Since then it’s been my go to collection of plugins.

I ended up buying Pigments too. That’s amazing as well. It’s like having ASM Hydra on your computer. A very versatile synth for sound design.

1 Like

I know! I bought Pigments first and was really impressed with its capabilities. Some of the granular presets are what I’ve been wanting my OT to do for years. You could probably just go with Pigments and make almost all of the sounds of the collection, but it’s only now dawning on me how simple presets with that good vibe make you play music instead of clicking around all day.

2 Likes

Either of you guys (@Wolf-Rami & @Prinzabu ) Komplete users? Just wondering if you had thoughts on how things stack up against the synths in that space.

Hadn’t really given AVC7 much consideration until recently. I’ve missed the boat on the 50% discount for now but I’m sure it’ll be back in time. It’s one of those “it’s not really needed” type scenarios but with NKS it’d be cool to have and use with my KK49. To be honest though, with Diva and Repro and Omnisphere on top of Komplete I’m pretty well covered!

I have the same thoughts. I have Komplete which should be more than enough, but Repro, TAL Synths etc on top.
I sold Diva when I bought Repro and still regret it.
Anyway, I pretty much love the KK49 so Arturia is still tempting to me because of NKS.
The DX7, Easel, Mellotron would be very nice to have. It’s still 249 on Thomann which is only 90 Euro more than diva for example.
Omnisphere is tempting too, but too much money for something I’m not sure I would use often enough.
Does anyone know how well the nks mappings are done for arturia?

3 Likes

No, I’ve just tried Komplete very briefly. If you’re familiar with these vintage synths at all from the beginning it’s just very quick and easy to dial in. I think this is the major difference; the workflow, and feeling of navigating these emulations - vs. dialing in the filters in the modern softsynths like Omnisphere and Pigments. If you’re dead set on a very specific sound you can make it with just about any DAW-synth with effects. But most of the time I’m searching for a vibe more than specifics. In that way AVC7 is great.

2 Likes

I’m using Komplete … many of the sample instruments, and also the synths including Reaktor and love some of FX as well … some of the u-he stuff, which are all great … and Arturia VC7.

The Arturia VC7 collection gives me the instruments, which would have been unaffordable hardware at the time and are rare and collectors stuff now. It’s much fun to experiment with a Moog Modular, I love the sound design options of a Matrix 12 or a CS-80, and how would I justify to buy a Synclavier, a CMI, or a Synthy …

3 Likes

@Unifono, I believe all of Arturia’s software has a free demo you can try. You should be able to explore the KK mapping of each of them

I’ve got both Komplete and VCollection but I’m a few versions back in each though as I only upgrade every two or three versions as that tends to be the sweet spot of £££s per instrument without too long in between. I don’t bother with any of the Komplete Kontrol stuff despite having the first version of the KK61 - I just can’t be bothered with fannying about with it.

I also only really use Komplete for the synths and in comparison with VCollection I tend to think of Komplete being the modern stuff to go on more adventurous synth-adventures - especially with all things Reaktor. Whereas VCollection is obviously more about the vintage vibe but the few additional features they add to each synth and usually well considered - especially on the newer additions to the collection. A good example is their Prophet… it won’t sound as authentic as Repro but it’s still pretty decent sounding, and it has the ProphetVS mode and the hybrid mode which is pretty unique. If you enjoy exploring different synthesis methods and such like there really is a lot of value to be had in it.

I’m presuming that as this was the second big sale for VCollection7 that they’ll be announcing a VCollection8 in a few months which will add another 3 instruments to the collection - probably 2 synths and then some form of electro-mechanical keyboard (though surely they must be running out of examples to model…). Would love for them to tackle something like the Kawai K5000s , the FS1r or the Quasimidi Polymorph…

2 Likes

Every single time. I say "they couldn’t possibly come out with another synth vst that will make me upgrade. And, every single time, they do.

The first time I upgraded: Buchla Music Easel and DX7. Dammit, but now I’m good.

The next time: Mellotron(and others). Mellotron is my favorite sounding instrument - built in nostalgia. Sounds like dust.

But seriously, I can’t imagine them announcing a new synth that will make me upgrade before the following version…

4 Likes

An Analogue Four would be interesting

Analog Four is readily available for real. Take it back in time and turn it digital, then you’ve got a deal

1 Like

It appears the entire V Collection , as well as OB-Xa were updated.

Across the board improvements:

Faster preset loading time
Interface loading now faster
Animations are now smoother
Animations CPU consumption is reduced
VST3 presets now supported
New convolution reverb engine

and lots of bug fixes regarding resizing, animation glitches, Logic 10.5.1 crashes,

Plus more plug-in bug fixes on an individual, per plug-in basis.

4 Likes

Elka Syntex, Hammond Novachord and a PPG Wave + Waveterm.

If these appear ik go to upgrade from version 6.

1 Like

-50% on Arturia’s softwares for the 20 years anniversary.

3 Likes

I wish their FX bundle was on at %50.

1 Like