Arturia V Collection 7

I too got an email about the possibility of rent-to-own regarding this (offered via Splice). I’m tempted, the buchla system has always intrigued me, and is included in the V7 right?. Rent-to-own is a pretty tempting thing for something like this.

1 Like

I had just bought the collection a month ago on a rebate with my Keylab so I got a rebate to 99 Euros. Still sucks but I made the plunge since I use Analog Labs for live performances and it’s great having the Mellotron in the mix. What I found pretty great is that the new labs version has Pigments Presets and a Performance mode similar to mainstage. Can you guys get the new analog labs workout buying the new V-Collection?

1 Like

Just read this and yeah, rent to own may just be what tips me over the edge into going for this one.

Arturia usually have reasonable sales though so might hold out and see how they look. I’m sure V6 was on sale via Native Instruments not too long ago

CaptureSplice

just got the promo from splice $499.80 total

1 Like

Yeah, I guess like most people on this thread, I’m not rushing to upgrade here. The new additions all have their plus points and I’d certainly be keen to get them at some point but really I’ve not even made enough use of VC6 yet to feel that I can warrant the 199 just now.

I’ll no doubt be waiting for the inevitable sale for 99 or even just skipping until VC8 and go onto an every two releases cycle like with NI… though I never did pull the trigger on the latest Komplete (as I’d bought Reaktor6 separately because I am a total Reaktor fanboy) so I might even be onto every 3rd iteration there…

2 Likes

Last day of the upgrade sale. I took the dive. The CZ and mellotron will be put through it’s paces.

2 Likes

7.1 update is available:
-in app synth tutorials
-effects section for analog lab
-OS X Catalina ready
-NKS compatibility

The effects sound good in analog lab 4

1 Like

Wish the V Collection assigned parameters to the Ableton Push 2 encoders. Okay I could do it myself but I am just lazy in that respect. You know we pay for this soft synth thing and now I don’t use it much because these little things time which impedes creativity.

5 Likes

True, before I got the Komplete Kontrol I never used my Arturia instruments.

I just wish the Push 2 would interact with external controllers as well- for instance the latest step sequencer on the Push. I play the notes/chords on a keyboard, I see them light up on the pads- but I can’t plug those notes in till I play them on the Push.

I had to wait for Ableton 10 to get that update and I’m figuring I’m going to have to wait for 11 until that convenience is given(also I want to lock parameters by step by adjusting an external controllers ie: Kontrol)

1 Like

True.

I actually spend more of my time mousing away in the Arturia instruments. There’s so much hidden under the sub menus and the mouse gets those 0.1 or smaller values intact. I haven’t tried hitting shift+encoder on maschine but I’m sure it works too. What has gotten me using v collection more is quick access through analog lab 4 and also just reversing engineering all my synth patches in other VSTs. It lets me appreciate the tone of the synth I am working in. INIT patches are my friend.

2 Likes

The collection always has some kind of black friday deal so if you are looking to buy now, just wait a few weeks!

4 Likes

I’m keeping my finger in the trigger waiting for the Black Friday sale for my V collection update. Really want that Mellotron

4 Likes

Mellotron (Gforce) was the first bit of software I ever bought when I started this whole production journey, and I still use it in my productions a lot…

That being said, it’s also the reason I didn’t bother with upgrading to V collection 7 cause none of the others interest me. Idk. Maybe black Friday

I’ve got that too. It’s sounds great, I just don’t care for clicking around in it. NKS is totally worth the upgrade to me.

The synthi looks like it will be fun to explore, but I doubt it would end up in any of my tracks.

I had version 6 last year on black friday for €249
Now I’ll wait for a next interesting upgrade. For example synths like the Kawai K5/5000 additive synth, the CRUMAR GDS, Synergy Digital Synthesizer, Hartmann Neuron or maybe the Technos Acxel because I like the digital synth part of Collection V.

2 Likes

About tactile control also following this development of the Electra One

1 Like

Black Friday update price in full effect!

Thanks to whoever told me to wait!

2 Likes

Yes, I bought it from scratch for 199 euros last night. Kind of love it.

1 Like

From nothing you were able to jump on the whole thing for 199 ? That makes the mates rates upgrade offer quite an insult, especially after having fallen for the same thing over many years. Many moons ago the Prophet and the elicencer alone were not far from that total.

What grates is that they update existing instruments (B3) and reserve the update to V7 - that’s not cool, again there’s form there.

All this means that you are best updating every few years unless you are desperate for the next synths coincidentally released about a month after BF

Could you PM me what your loyalty offering was Ryan ?

I had intended to wait until next year’s V8 BF deal it’s just that I am amazed about the buy it all from nowhere price, assuming that was the case

It’s because I own a keystep, and that made me eligible for crossgrade pricing. Just meant that it wasn’t an upgrade price on a previous version of Collection

2 Likes