Arturia MicroFreak

I’m dreaming of a 4-6 voices, multitimbral version of the Microfreak.

Polyfreak, Multifreak, Beatfreak, Drumfreak… Whatever, I want one.

3 Likes

“Like the adults talking in Peanuts”…

Love it.

1 Like

no need to wait, let 3dWaves know you need a NanoBod
They’ll make more.

4 Likes

Thanks. It’s on my radar. But it does add £90 to the price :frowning:

the microfreak almost seems like it was built to be easily disassembled and the keybed removed.

1 Like

If you think about doing this do not throw away the keyboard. You will need it for updating the unit.

2 Likes

Or if you will throw it away, send it to me, maybe i can hack a CV keyboard from it :wink:

I think the keyboard is very expressive and fast. I like it a lot.

7 Likes

Could not agree more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

True, i experienced this. The best advice is of course keep the keyboard if someday you want to come back to the original version, or sell it, or update it. But, in case of, Arturia has (afaik) an alternate firmware for people who don’t have the keyboard anymore. Cheers

1 Like

I love that keyboard, I don’t like keyboards that much, but this one clicked with me instantly.

1 Like

:astonished:
Where can we find it please?
Thank you :slight_smile:

Anyone bought the mic in the UK? Always seems like everywhere is awaiting stock whenever I check

Is it fun? I’m looking for keys that I can integrate with my modular but that is portable and fun. A sweet synth would be a nice bonus.

1 Like

I use it to play my 0-coast based modular. Lots of fun. Also the clock in and out are usefull.

1 Like

You need to contact support :wink:

1 Like

It is fun, certainly. The keyboard is an interesting alternative to just another cheap keybed, there are decent I/O options for modular, especially factoring in the various arp and sequencer features, and despite the synth models really crying out for additional controls, you can do a lot with what it has - particularly with the recent updates, it’s a very generous device and formidable value for money.

But it’s very individual, which could be good or bad depending on how you take to the machine. If you don’t get on with various design aspects, I think you’re unlikely to adapt or be won round. The keys can be tricky to master with any precision, and I’m not a big fan of the endless main parameter encoders - personally I’d rather they were fixed, even if that meant not being stored in patches - but I might be in a small minority there. Also, I don’t think the presets do it any great favours, but it’s hardly alone there.

But despite my misgivings, I think ‘fun’ might be the most suitable description for the Microfreak, and there’s no doubt it’s a good fit for anything with modular connections. I’m sure that if you sourced anything comparable, you’d end up spending a whole lot more than the MF costs.

3 Likes

Picked this up because of the 3.0 update. This is an inspiring, fun synth, better in person than what I’ve heard online. The keys are really different in a good way. Very easy to make patches on it.

2 Likes

The Noise Engineering oscillators are amazing.

10 Likes

It has become me go to synth. As the space on my desk is a premium as I also do my day job there, I only have space for the Akai Force, mixer and I other box. The MF fills that space perfectly!

1 Like

And with the Force’s autosampling one other box is kind of all you need! hehe.

3 Likes