Arturia MicroFreak

replied to you in the other thread about it.

1 Like

I have serious problems with program change and the microfreak. It just ignores it, no matter what sequencer or settings. Just as it does not understand thatā€¦ Has someone encountered issues with it too and has some hints, reads?

1 Like

Question: from which device (hardware or software) are you sending the program changes? Is the connection USB or DIN Midi?
I use program changes on the microfreak in my setup a lot a and it works perfectly. I would be happy to help if I knew more about your setup.

3 Likes

Hello!
I tried with DIN from Octatrack (havenā€™t it atm not available) and Akai Force.
No mather what I do, itā€™s ignoring.
I will try again in a few hours. Perhaps I need to look into it further, why and how.

does anyone know if thereā€™s a Microfreak cheatsheet of sorts around? Iā€™m not using it all that much and I keep forgetting some commands - delete automation, copy sequence, etc.

EDIT: Just found one! MicroFreak - Tips & Tricks MicroFreak FAQ

also, this is one of those good shortcuts to remind:

2 Likes

Oh snap this looks promising, updating nowā€¦ has anyone tried any of the new oscā€™s?

3 Likes

Sound examples of the new oscillators are here (almost at the bottom of the page):

4 Likes

Does anyone know a quick way to save and reimport your patches with MIDI Control Center?
I would also like to organize them: removing Factory patches I donā€™t want, relist them and add my own which I saved to MIDI Control Center.

1 Like

Quickly tried them and first impressions are good, love the unison and the bass oscillator with noise

2 Likes

The user template option on the bottom left of the midi editor has what you want.

1 Like

oh, and also these great updates! I always hated that it would go back to preset 1 when turned off.
Also, unison mode!

4 Likes

Nice update! Even before i did the update :slight_smile: Nice workflow enhancement to start up with latest used patch.

2 Likes

They sound great to me! Iā€™m more and more interested in this synth

I had a MF for a few months. Two things put me off:

1. Too narrow between knobs
  2. Pointless graphics.

I expected no 2 to be addressed in an update. Still that ā€œlab gearā€ unfortunately. Donā€™t they have a gui developer over in France?

Edit: I do love the sounds of it though.

1 Like

Just gave the new oscillators a test run and they sound great. Iā€™ll have to do some in depth couch patching to really dive in, but can get some really useful on the fly sounds out of them already :slight_smile:

1 Like

3 new OSC:

1. Bass
  2. Harm
  3. SawX
    Chord mode updated
    Unison mode
    384 presets spaces
    96 new factory presets

FREE

And 10 FREE presets from LFO Store:

6 Likes

nice update with Noise Engeniering! Would love to know on which of ther modules the oscs are based. Does it can go into BIA teritory? that would be ace!

Have not DL it yet :slight_smile:
I have to say Arturia have been great at updating this little guy.
I hear/read a lot of comments stating it lacks FX. True. But with all the hype of pedal FX and others, I do not see it as an issue.
My Blofeld has fx but I rarely use them. Apart from a bit of reverb or chorus. Sparsely though.
Also comments on how it lacks bottom end. Disagree here. Plus the introduction of a Bass OSC and unison is going to make it even bigger :slight_smile:
Just a thought.
To be verified :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Powerful little synth. I wish it had one more octave and a patch bay for more semi-modular stuff, but it is very versatile.

Those new oscillators sound very good, nice and dirty ā€¦

FTR

V 3.0.6

New Features

• Brand new Noise Engineering Oscillators: BASS, SAWX and HARM.
  • Unison mode available for all Oscillators, with a control over the voice spread (shift+Paraphonic)
  • Number of preset slots increased from 256 to 384
  • Last saved preset is recalled on startup
  • Improvements on the Save workflow
  • Chord Mode can now be saved in the preset
  • The Filter Amount parameter can now send and receive Control Change in its full range. Center position of the Modulation Amount parameter at 64 on the CC26 in/out

Bugfixes

• Fixed MIDI loop issue with LOCAL OFF
  • Spice didnā€™t send Control Change when LOCAL was OFF. Its is now fixed.
  • MicroFreak did not receive Program Change when the MIDI Input was on ALL. It is now fixed
  • MicroFreak was not transmitting MIDI Clock when the Arp/Seq was not playing. It is now fixed
  • Fixed issue with catch mode of the Filter Amount Knob
  • Fixed a value display issue of the LFO synced Rate
  • Fixed issue when Browsing Type with CC
  • Fixed key pressure issue with Scale Mode
  • When modulating the Oscillator Type we had no sound when it reached 0. It is now fixed
  • On Arp mode with Chord Mode and Internal Sync, first note was sometime missing. It is now fixed
  • When Relative Bend was Off we had unpleasant artefacts. It is now fixed
  • Some users had bad experiences when browsing Type while having LFO modulating something in the preset. These rythmic inconsistencies between the Oscillators have been fixed
9 Likes