Arturia MicroFreak

That’s a great question… I think I’m gonna get familiar with their engine by purchasing the Micro… So by the time the Mini comes out, I’ll be prepared…

1 Like

was going to buy one until i found out about this. regardless of whatever agreement was reached, if there even was one, it’s disingenuous and reprehensible to market an instrument as a collaboration without the other party’s explicit permission to do so.

U catch up on the rest of the thread? There’s been a satisfactory resolution imo

6 Likes

oops lol guess i better do that :sweat_smile:

edit: well good, that’s probably as amicable and honorable as the situation could have gotten. moving on!

4 Likes

Shit, you read fast.

3 Likes

Sounds great !

I’ve got that full-time-copywriter scroll finger & lightning-fast eyeballs

1 Like

Who was the guy in the video? He needs to chill out a bit.

2 Likes

if there’s anything about this instrument launch that we should all be irreparably offended and outraged by, it’s that video

8 Likes

It definitely deserves a lawsuit

7 Likes

There is a parallel universe where the only thing people like about this synth is that kick-ass video.

“Damn too bad this synth is nowhere as good as that video. That dude is genius.”

10 Likes

from what I can tell there doesn’t seem to be a noise generator. bit of a bummer considering how suitable this thing probably is for synthesizing drum/percussion sounds. shame to see no overdrive stage either, would be lovely for juicing up those harmonics even more.

edit: maybe a DrumFreak is in the pipeline???

1 Like

Yeah maybe, but you can get wild enough sounds out of it anyway. I wouldn’t be bothered about noise source.

It’s a pity that this is the most interesting thing coming out of NAMM.
Interesting it is; but where are all the other manufacturers showing any edge?

Well the Behringer stuff sounds pretty dope.

1 Like

Any word on a desktop freak?

And minifreak? :star_struck: although, micro is perfect as is

1 Like

Looks like the filter envelope is tethered to AMP envlope settings

Haven’t looked at documentation, nor recall layout, but even if it was hardwired to Amp env - it would need to have a level which could be set to zero depth - then just use the other/lfo

1 Like

Yeah, it does. Hope you can use the level like that.

1 Like