AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

I’m sure if this is being tested the beta testers are have a blast with their beefed up AR’s!

3 Likes

I thought that mk2 was held back by mk1 as its the same internal DSP hardware?

1 Like

AR has a gain reduction meter, to the right of the comp

not on mk2 unfortunately

1 Like

Ohh!! didn’t know that!! that’s lame

1 Like

I’m sure everyone is sending in official feature requests……I know I have.
Dreaming about second LFO and digitakt machines!

2 Likes

my brain has been stuck lately on pattern level mutes on AR and A4, since the absence of being able to save this per pattern is really getting in my way. Quite possible there’s a hacky workflow way to sort of do this that I haven’t figured out yet. It seems like a serious base line omission that should be a feature, especially based on the fact that the newer digis all have it from the get go. I’d be happy to hear what others are doing in this regard (short of documenting mute states externally)

1 Like

The only way around that I know of is using song mode since you can set pattern specific mutes there. That said I do find song mode on the AR and A4 a bit fiddly and prefer the implementation on the digis.

It’s doable though and can work well if you plan your patterns well.

My hacky way of handling this is to duplicate my main/full pattern into other pattern slots, and then erase the trigs on the tracks that I want to be “muted” for those patterns. So basically using additional pattern slots to represent mute states.

Not great but hey it works.

1 Like

Bumping this one. There should be an option in global settings for using the trig buttons as track mutes when in scene or performance mode.

7 Likes

It would be great to have the option to select different velocity curves for the pads. For me the pads are a bit too stiff…

1 Like

Retrig button rant (perf/scene desires) :

So, i maybe wrong (mk1 user) , but as far as i can tell the retrig button is utterly redundant in scene and perf mode aside from telling you the retrig settings of a track.
I thought it may lay down a retrig trig when held, but it didn’t.

When in scene and perf mode if retrig had another function could greatly increase these performance ares of the rytm, that are its most innovative and fun for sound design.

i’ve mentioned some ideas in previous posts in this thread and there’s probably good reason why they can’t be done.

but imagine holding retrig for a toggled mute mode selection. profound change in access and performance opportunities.

at the moment i can only hold a perf pads position by pressing mute and then returning to perf mode.
(again if there’s tricks i’ve missed please share). This would be more immediate with RETRIG as a mute page toggle.

In wild out there dreamland holding RETRIG to record a volatile pad pressure motion (like korg motion sequence) over the duration of the track/pattern length would be amazing.

2 Likes

Polyphonic midi sequencing like on the DT/ST would be great!

3 Likes

Hello, one little thing that can be a game changer is to add probability on retrigger, so a note can be all the time ON but the retrigger will happen periodically.
Bonus request : please is it possible to add the second filter & LFO like the Digis on the Rytm (i still don’t understand why it was not integrated with the last update).
Take care :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe mentioned already, but a “morph kit”parameter for scenes or perf modes.

Set the value to how much you want to morph into another kit from the current one, push the pad to engage

3 Likes

There’s no way to mute/unmute tracks while soloing tracks is there?

You can with a midi controller sending the mute CCs (can’t remember what it is)

1 Like

So Elektron told a forum user that “they would really like to update Analog Rytm.” No but after! I wonder if we’ll see base width, second LFO, and perhaps some other features… Would love those in addition to SRR post/pre filter and filter keytracking (pinging 8 resonant filters with the pads seems luxurious.) I could live without RAW or the DT sampling machines, personally, but would be elated if we got them…

5 Likes

personally I’d pay for specific new features for gear I love (such as most Elektron gear)…is that a bad thing to say? I’m talking about truly new features to mature products. Wonder about crowd sourcing as a $ model. Anyway it would be win win as far as I can tell…

2 Likes

I’d pay for extra features beyond promises at purchase. I would however expect bugs squashed on manufacturers buck.

3 Likes