AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

This may sound dumb but as an owner of a DT and now an AR… I don’t see much missing from the DT sample editing on the AR, comparing right now the only feature the AR doesn’t have is setting the direction of playing the sample (FWD, BWD and looping both), anything else I might miss from the DT? I’m heavily considering selling the DT as it got very redundant on my setup.

Oh, that’s a good workaround, a bit clunky but works, still would love to have a mute mode similar to the A4 in MIX/PERF mode, I don’t use the trigs on the AR to trigger tracks so the trigs when not in REC mode are pretty useless to me.

SCENE SLIDES. an option that when enabled slides all locked parameters when changing scenes.

7 Likes

I want special “octatrack” mode:

1. connect slider like old blood noise endeavors — Expression Slider to CV-in
  2. select A and B scenes
  3. crossfade between with slider

Also I have insane variant: assign A B C D scenes with corresponding buttons to make 2D scenes interpolation, with two CV inputs and eurorack joystick or Koma Kommander!

1 Like

depends if you need the DT’s 8x MIDI tracks or not?

Man, that would be awesome!

Not at all, have my OT for MIDI duties when needed and I usually end up using the onboard sequencers most of the time for the other gear that has it.

I’ve just decided to sell it and found a buyer in no time, quite impressed.

An always available Low-cut Filter in addition to the existing Filters.
It would help a lot to keep the lower frequency spectrum under control without giving away
the more ‘creative’ filter possibilities.

7 Likes

Tonal scales per track.
LED colors could show a certain tonal scale in chromatic mode for example.

3 Likes

Second LFO

and:

A way to activate the recording mode (unquantized) via external midi.

A way to activate the recording mode (unquantized) via external pedal.

Sample resolution is as fine as 0.01 on DT, whereas it’s only whole numbers between 0-120 on AR. There’s also no separate loop point on AR, so only the whole sample between the start and end points can be looped – on DT you can have a kind of one-shot sound of however long before the loop portion starts.

There are many times when I wish the whole DT sampling capabilities were included on the AR.

7 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, but doesn’t that feels kind of simple to do, since they’ve already implemented in DT?

You would think it would have already been added if it was easy/desirable. I have no clue about why it hasn’t been done. Could be any number of reasons, but I’d only be guessing.

1 Like

its like Elektron have chosen to make every device they sell slightly different from all the others, absolutely no similarities to ensure there’s no feature of functional cross over, they want you to buy ALL the devices, even though the hardware may be capable of doing
it. It just frustrates the owners

Has anyone done a feature comparison on all their boxes yet? That would be very interesting

1 Like

To be fair to Elektron, one of the reasons I thought of was to maintain backward compatibility – this is a pure guess, tho. If the AR’s sampling capabilities changed, there might be problems with older projects possibly. Sample resolution should translate fine if it was increased but the way looping works might not be so easy to change now. I agree though that one LFO per track for the most expensive box in the whole lineup does seem a bit stingy. I can understand limiting the Models, but not the Analogs.

3 Likes

I aim to use my Digitakt x8 midi tracks for AR LFO duties, need to try that one

1 Like

Well, OT has 3.

Only problem with midi LFOs is that they aren’t very high resolution so can sound a bit steppy. Or so I’ve been told. I’ve not tried it myself.

It’s been said but I wish scenes were additive, so like say each scene you just make one change, and you could toggle them on/off like mutes.

Also wish there were a base/width type filter on the main outs

1 Like

I love how you there’s the option of having a stereo track over USB (using two voices, ofc, but it’s super useful for piping in a wide synth part from a DAW/VST and being able to apply the filter, amp, FX, etc). So, I would love, love, love to be able to split the Left and Right Audio Ins in much the same manner. I know sampling will make something mono, but I’m talking about before that stage, when monitoring the Ins, with tracks available on individual outs such as BT for Left and LT for Right.