AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

@xidnpnlss I cannot follow you. What do you mean?

The MD architecture allowed flexible allocation of LFOs, so spare LFOs could be used on other tracks iirc, the AR has an LFO per voice. I see the appeal but imho i don’t see strong prospects of this changing on the AR

2 Likes

This. Earlier on there could have been made the argument that because the MD had this, Elektron wouldn’t be so inclined to allow it on the AR. But now that the MD isn’t in production…

Yes, they could have done it by now, I guess. But we all assumed MIDI sequencing was out of the question, so…

Have to say - more LFO is by far my number 1 request - making things ‘move’ is essential and having just one is limiting in-box potential.

The two external CV inputs are a workaround but pull in a lot more external dependencies to a patch/sound and not easy to just “load” that sound again!

2 Likes

@guga Hold down page then hold yes, release page first and it will lock, press page to deactivate. Works on both models!

1 Like

Worked on MK1 before MK2 existed :wink:

2 Likes

thanks both @VanillaSun and @avantronica, …and it’s been there for a while as well… :eyes: :smile_cat:

2 Likes

Feature Request: Make the compressor complete by adding one more setting - SideChain Source. Allow us to select one of the drum channels (e.g. kick) to act as Side chain so that the pumping is related to this sources (not just the LPF setting) - maybe extend with ability to shape the EQ. This would mean could get real pumping of both AR and connected EXT signal without the need for another box (such as FNC)

12 Likes

Feature Request: please add the all new sample mgt firmware features of recent digitakt update to Rytm ! Really want that purge feature that I used often on the OT

1 Like

No interpolation mode for samples.

300+ BPM wtf!

1 Like

Since the recent OS releases, this request is officially outdated.

pseudo 300+ BPM possible with master scale X2

i think this is set at 300 to allow a standard integration with other elektron machines

Faster envelopes!!!

2 Likes

With adjustable slopes!

4 Likes

I’m surprised nobody else has mentioned it yet, but I sure hope Elektron will port Trig Probability from the Model: and Digi series to AR. And Octatrack. Please.

3 Likes

Control all. I mean: why not. It’s cool to work with scenes and performances , but for a live situation it’s so much fun to work with this feature…
And: It would be great to choose several tracks at once while programming macros for scenes and performances instead of choosing all one by one.

2 Likes

probably because so many parameters are not strictly shared between machines !

2 Likes

ah okay. understand. but maybe control all for the filter and the amp page?

is it because the source of the machines is analog?

or can you explain why it works for DT and MD but maybe not for the AR?

I know the DN and MC and they have identical parameters on each machine - they are doing different things in the MC algorithms, but there is no conflict

By contrast, I was just noting that whilst it would be welcome on AR it has fixed analog voices which have different amounts of controls as well as different names/meanings - so there wouldn’t be an elegant way too add CtrlAll

Then there’s the fact that the DN/MC do not have performance modes, whereas the AR does - so it may be that Elektron doesn’t have ambition or intention on that basis, let along the constraints of working around the mismatched parameters

Don’t give up the hope, but it doesn’t seem likely imho (even as a subset implementation) based on these factors

If it works for MD and it has different numbers/meanings/names of parameters across machines then ignore that part of logic - it obviously doesn’t follow

2 Likes