AR Analog Rytm feature request thread

Id love eq per tracks like the eq effect on ot

hat was meant to be a comment not a reply sorry

ctrl all.

there isnt a huge amount of memory for performance macros / scenes. Ctrl all would be mint.

Mira :slight_smile:

5 Likes

At very best there could be a master FX EQ, or maybe an EQ for the sample portion of a voice. But it’s an analog drum machine, so you can’t just add an EQ to the circuit of a voice after it has left the factory.

The effects on Rytm are digital no? I doubt there’s a reverb tank or plate hiding in that little box… the reverb and delay have low and high cut so I don’t think it would be a huge stretch to add an eq in the Fx section as an option in an os update?

1 Like

FX are with sends, not inserts, EQ wouldn’t work properly without 100% wet fx…

It seems to be a spring reverb. :content:
Rytm MKII - Is yours emitting ringing noise on hits?

4 Likes

I would request something that might sound stupid, and that i doubt it would ever happen, but i’ll go ahead and say so because i want to get it over…
Been working with AR and AR Mkii for years now, like many here, and though i love it’s flexibility, i have to say i find the sweetspot for most of it’s synthesis engines to be very narrow. That’s not a bad thing, but i think a long part of it’s tweaking range is useless to me. I would love a narrower version of controls, where you could have more definition given the smaller range, that might also give Elektron the chance to work a bit further on the synthesis engines.
Also the hihats, i don’t know, but all hats seem to have a resonance bump at around 5-7k that makes them hard to sit well in the mix, many times i end up loading 808 samples instead, or others.
I know there has been a discussion between the sound of MKI and II regarding hats, but i recall the same “issue” in MKI.
It would be great to see further tweaks on the hihat engine.

1 Like

Requesting a Max patch that generates IDM drum patterns on the RYTM.

1 Like

P.shift&t.stretch.
Transposing.

1 Like

replying to the last comment :point_up_2:t2:

tho I’m a complete elektron-obsessed fan human I really do think the AR and DT should have had Tstretching n Pshifting in this day & age.
imagine being able to modulate sample’s rate in real time using perf & scenes. etc. not to mention having synced drum loops.

It’s also a real shame both didn’t continue the MD & OT lineage of real time resample trigs.
… & freely assignable MD lfo’s .

I still love a hell of a lot about em but it’s a touch upsetting when I dwell on it :sleepy:
those are the reasons I got rid of my AR.

OT & MD 4 eva :smile:

1 Like

It seems I need to buy me a new drum machine.

9 Likes

[MKII] It is now possible to control multiple performance macros simultaneously with the QUICK PERF AMOUNT knob

maybe something not exactly like this for MKI but it would be nice if one could have some control over the performance macros, Function+Level knob could be used to control its value? :thinking:
a really basic functionality where holding one of the pads in performance mode and turning the encoder would assign that specific macro to the encoder, no extra menus needed :smiley_cat:
(not sure this has been mentioned already)

1 Like

Timestretch

2 Likes

I was more referring to ableton style warping. cool technique tho :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Chords and scales for optimized bass line and steps playing (MIDI int. & ext.) with the Rytm pads. Maybe with color schema on the pads.

3 Likes

Midi transpose, global and per track.

1 Like

‘connect’ pads for stereo sampes
visualisation compressor (like digitakt)
control all & randomize :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I’ve wanted this, nay needed this, from day one - may have already suggested

But the easiest quick fix to allow some degree of user clarity would be to allow the user to dim off-scale notes … e.g. this is for a C Major

The user Holds down Chro whilst in Chromatic mode and taps the pads of the scale that they want to de-emphasize - this would then be consistent across the 4 octaves with the corresponding chromatic notes dimmed, making it much easier when two octave chunks are visible on screen in two colours - that is an impossible grid to learn

This could even be a temporary setting, just during play as an aid - any number of pads can be deselected, except one must always be visible, plus all notes will still play, it’s just that they are less obvious on the pad array and can then be avoided

But it would help keep a user on track, super useful addition imho

16 Likes

Nice idea.
I like to have a bunch of scales that the user can add for track.
[Function] + [Chromatic] > Trigs menu > Set Trk x to scale mode e.g. C Major.

Chords for MIDI out per track could be nice, too.

3 Likes

not many companies keep improving a product over 5 years. :heartpulse:

• RETRIG to MIDI OUT
  • RETRIG in SCENE/PERF mode toggles mute page
  • or RETRIG+PAD in PERF mode toggles recording of PERF pressure data to pad over loop (not to pattern data) :loopy:
  • assignable MIDI CC OUT on SCENE/PERF pads
  • SOLO active = FUNC+PAD allows muting unmuting
  • MIDI OUT NOT VEL LEN as LFO/SCENE/PERF destinations
  • TRIG+PARAMETER PAGE+YES writes up to 8 random :diddly: P-locks to trig
  • PAD+PARAMETER PAGE+YES in SCENE/PERF mode writes up to 8 random P-locks to pad
  • when naming PARAMETER PAGE+YES = random words/symbols generator
  • new MACHINES (1.45 saw the dual VCO, 1.55…)
  • LFO destination freely assignable across all tracks
  • TRACK button + KNOB changes parameter on all tracks
  • Sync B second Midi sync out option

many edits to this as i keep considering more stuff, i appreciate some are pie in the sky but come from a place inspired by 1.50s new features enabling further expression from the box. some other people have already suggested.

5 Likes