April Fool pranks for kids and Mums. Suggestions please?

Right 'Nauts,
You creative lovelies, you!
There must be some fantastic ideas out there?
Nothing too mean or messy please.
Come on friends?
We all need a bit of fun?
Show us what you got?
:+1::muscle::v::raised_hands:

Hmm…not that creative but you could always do the old “we’ve won the lottery” trick? You’d need an old ticket or scratch card or something.

1 Like

That would just depress me though, when I had to fess up!
:crazy_face::cry:

1 Like

Hahah yea it’s almost like mugging yourself off tbf.

2 Likes

The old “googly eyes” on every item in the fridge is a classic but doesn’t work in my house, as I’m the only one that seems to have to use it!?! :thinking:

1 Like

I did the cling film over the toilet last year, but that just caused an almighty domestic with the Duchess as it was my litt’lun who used it and got pee all over the place, including him only clean pair of school trousers! Another massive backfire!!! D’OH!! :grimacing:

4 Likes

I have prepared the litt’lun’s door handle, so will be removing it when he’s gone to bed (and hope like hell we don’t have a fire in the night) so he can’t get out in the morning.
I’m also gaffer taping a load of bubble wrap underneath the yoga mat they do Joe Wicks on.

2 Likes

“Back to school today” at 6 in the morning tomorrow!!

3 Likes

Now that is just cruel!!! On so many levels as well! :rofl:

My kids do me all kind of April tricks. Plenty enough so I don’t need to add some.

But creating a fake webpage with personal content that you put as the home page could lead to interesting results…

3 Likes

Gotta be something related to synths/music, maybe some weird/funny sound pre set to come on at a specific time?

1 Like

I might unplug his PS4 so it doesn’t work when he turns it on? And I’m gunna hide the Duchess’s phone really well then keep ringing it, again and again. She’s deaf in one ear so can rarely find it at the best of times.

1 Like

for my wife:

Got fired today darling!

Watching pron in my home office …

That unfortunately isn’t a goer, as A) I’m self-employed and B) I got told last week that all the upcoming projects i was confirmed on starting yesterday until the end of November have been “parked” !
As she lost her job last week as well, and it seems we are two who have “slipped through the cracks” of our Chancellor’s rescue packages, probably not the best timing! :rofl::cry:
Still, you gotta laugh though, ay?
:+1:

NO GO!

I would say.

2 Likes

I once woke gf up with “Trump got elected”. Sadly it wasn t April 1st.

But you could have a go at “honey lockdown got lifted!” Though perhaps my gf is the only one silly enough to fall for that :rofl:

2 Likes

Also, i m not doing any pranks to her bc we re moving on friday and any additional stress or confusion may cost me my head or other vital organs.

3 Likes

Years ago I emailed a picture of a microphone to a group of colleagues. I told them that I was working on a beta voice control system for the e-commerce platform my company makes, and I was inviting them to test it. I gave them a list of commands they could speak into the microphone, but warned them that as it was a beta, it wasn’t fully working, so they should stand up and speak the commands loudly.

I got multiple reports back of someone in our UK office suddenly standing up and roaring commands at her monitor, louder and louder each time, before ructions of laughter broke out in the office and she realised what was happening.

After that success, I’ve never bothered doing an April Fools prank again.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s the right time to tell your kids, they’re adopted. And their real parents want them back. :sob:

1 Like

Not an April Fools joke, but I wanted to share this tidbit of parental wisdom. When it’s around Christmas time, fill the tree area up with empty boxes wrapped in wrapping paper…every time the kid gets out of hand, toss one in the fireplace/jump up and down on it, etc…
Worked like a charm.

4 Likes